Area Manager (Base in Charge) at Kahuti Water & Sanitation Company in Kangema – Kenya Jobs, Careers and Vacancies
Kahuti Water & Sanitation Company is a registered Water Service Provider (WSP) Company mandated to manage the provision of water and sanitation services in Kangema and Kahuro Districts.
We wish to recruit suitable candidates to fill the following positions.
AREA MANAGER (BASE IN CHARGE)
Reporting to the Technical Manager, the Base In charge will be responsible for continuous improvement and management of the water distribution and development of efficient distribution network to meet customers’ needs.
He or she will initially be based in our Kahuro Base Office but may be deployed to any office within our area of Jurisdiction.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensuring maintenance and extension of the water network as per customer demand and as per approved procedures
- Ensuring effective utilization of available resources including tools, people and equipment
- Carrying out inspection of customer installation and conduct supervision of connection in the main water supply
- Advising on the most economic connection procedure and supervising connection to ensure it is within the set standards
- Ensuring that connections are carried out within the set standards internal and external regulations and legislations in order to avoid any conflict and ensure water reaching customers is of the required standards
- Participating in the preparations of budgets and ensuring effective control
- Supervising, appraising staff and identifying their training and development needs
- Ensuring timely and economic repair of leakages or breakdown in the supply system and report any major repairs to management
- Attending to customer complaints concerning the water distribution systems
- Taking stock of working tools and advising on the requirements to procurement sections
- Preparing accurate and timely reports and distributing to appropriate users
- Ensure installation of all zonal meters and assign the zones to all plumbers
- Performing any other duties as may be assigned from time to time
- National Diploma in Water & Waste Water Engineering, preferably from KEWI
- Minimum of 5 yrs progressive experience, preferably in the Water Sector
- Computer literate
- Be below 45 years of age.
Interested and Qualified candidates should forward their applications with updated C.V’s and copies of education and professional qualifications, indicating day time telephone contacts and three professional referees, current and expected remuneration to the address below.
Applications should reach the undersigned not later than 18th April 2012
Kahuti Water and Sanitation Company
P.O. Box 118-10202
Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification
KAWASCO is an equal opportunity employer.