Assistant Accountant – Payroll at International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI) in Nairobi – Kenya Jobs, Careers and Vacancies
ASSISTANT ACCOUNTANT – PAYROLL
Vacancy Number: AA/CS/PAYROLL/07/12
Department: Corporate Services
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Duration: 2-year term renewable
The International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI) works at the crossroads of livestock and poverty, bringing high-quality livestock science, communications and capacity building to bear on poverty reduction and sustainable development. ILRI is one of 15 centres supported by the Consultative Group on International Agricultural Research (CGIAR). ILRI has campuses in Kenya (headquarters) and Ethiopia, with other offices located in other regions of Africa (Mali, Mozambique, and Nigeria) as well as in South Asia (India, Sri Lanka), Southeast Asia (Laos, Thailand, and Vietnam) and East Asia (China).
ILRI will be working on a number of CGIAR Research Programs (CRP) that bring together CGIAR centers and partners from the research, development and private sector communities around the world.
ILRI Seeks to recruit a competent Assistant Accountant-Payroll.
- Assist the payroll accountant in preparing payroll both NRS and IRS.
- Update NSSF statements for staff.
- Process education and security allowances for IRS staff.
- Maintain NRS payroll schedules and post accruals for NRS staff.
- Calculate Pension for NRS and pass journals.
- Submit all statutory deductions both NRS and casuals.
- Respond to queries from staff on any issue regarding their pay.
- Calculate terminal dues NRS staff leaving ILRI.
- Support the payroll accountant with all IRS and NRS payroll issues.
- Assist in updating monthly staff allocations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Commerce, Accounts or business related field;
- Certified Public Accountant, C.P.A (2).
- At least one year in payroll preparation.
- Working experience in accounting in an international NGO or an international organization;
- Knowledge of computerized accounting software required preferably SUN accounting;
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite;
- Good personal organizational skills, accuracy and attention to detail;
- Good communication and interpersonal skills;
- Highly effective multi-tasking skills, with ability to co-ordinate, prioritize and organize workload and meet deadlines;
- Availability to start immediately.
Terms of Appointment:
This position is job Grade 2A, with a starting gross salary of KES 64,833 per month. This is exclusive of other benefits provided by ILRI.
Location: The position will be based at the ILRI campus in Nairobi, Kenya.
This is a Nationally Recruited Staff (NRS) position, whose initial contract will be for a 2 year term renewable subject to availability of funds and individual performance. Salary and benefits will be in line with those provided by ILRI.
Applicants should send a cover letter and CV combined as one document explaining their interest in the position, what they can bring to the job and the names and addresses (including telephone and email) of three referees who are knowledgeable about the candidate’s professional qualifications and work experience. Applications should be submitted online to the Human Resources Director at: http://www.myjobsinkenya.com/ilri_jobs. Closing date for Applications is 20 July 2012.
The position title and reference number REF: AA/CS/PAYROLL/07/12 should be clearly marked on the subject line of the email applications. Only applications sent via email to the indicated address will be considered, and only short listed candidates will be contacted.
To find more about ILRI, visit our Website at www.ilri.org
ILRI is an equal opportunity employer.