Audit Assistant at Export Processing Zones Authority in Nairobi – Kenya Jobs, Careers and Vacancies
Export Processing Zones Authority is a state corporation established through an act of parliament Cap 517 of the laws of Kenya to oversee all aspects of development of Export Processing Zones (EPZs) in Kenya. The economic objectives of the EPZ program include employment creation, export diversification/expansion, investment attraction, technology transfer and backward linkages between the EPZs and domestic suppliers.
The Authority has the following vacant posts.
The Audit Assistant works under the guidance of the Internal Auditor to review controls and procedures. He/ She ensure that these procedures are effective, adequate and conform to corporate policies, regulatory guidelines and generally accepted auditing standards.
Reporting to the Head of Internal Audit, he/she will assist in:
- Planning and conducting operational, financial and compliance audits
- Reviewing and evaluating the adequacy, effectiveness and efficiency of internal controls.
- Compiling incisive reports on findings and recommendations
- Presenting findings to auditees and management
- Following up on the implementation of audit recommendations
- Provision of consultancy or advisory services and to attend to special ad-hoc audit review works
- Perform analytical review of audit documents
- Review the Authority’s accounting and operating procedures and systems of internal control
- Provide recommendations to the Internal Auditor for improved controls and enhanced business efficiency
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in Commerce, Accounting or Finance
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA (K) and/or Certified Internal Systems Auditor (CISA)
- Minimum of 3 years relevant experience
- Must be articulate, self motivated, and a team player
- Strong communication skills
- Good interpersonal and written/spoken communication skills
- Good team player who is able to work independently
- Knowledge of internal auditing techniques and standards
- Knowledge of Computer Assisted Auditing Tools and SAP financial software preferred
If your qualifications and competencies meet the above requirements, please write in confidence to the undersigned enclosing copies of your academic certificates and testimonials, detailed curriculum vitae (CV) showing your current position and remuneration, daytime telephone contacts and email and telephone contacts of three referees to reach the undersigned on or before 1st August 2012
Human Resource Manager
Export Processing Zones Authority
P.O. Box 50563 – 00200
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
“EPZA is an Equal Opportunity Employer”