Branch Manager at SMEP Deposit Taking Microfinance in Nairobi – Kenya Jobs, Careers and Vacancies
SMEP Deposit Taking Microfinance Limited, a Christian based MFI regulated by the Central Bank of Kenya, invites applications from interested and suitably qualified candidates to fill the positions of:
BRANCH MANAGER BM/8/7/HRD/2012
The main purpose for the job is to steer the Branch into high level performance through proper supervision and maintenance of healthy portfolio and adherence to laid down policies and procedures.
Duties and responsibilities
Reporting to the Head of Operations, the successful candidate will:
- Responsible for promotion and marketing of SMEP product and services in the area of operation as well as planning and supervision of Branch activities to ensure that they are carried out in accordance with the laid down procedures and policies
- Responsible for the smooth running of the branch including supervision, appraisal, motivation, and development of all the branch staff as well as recommending their training needs
- Conduct weekly or biweekly meeting with all branch staff and ensure they are well updated on all company issues.
- Further ensure they are well acquainted and adhere to the company policies and procedures
- Responsible for all satellite offices under his/her jurisdiction and ensure they mature to fully fledged branches within the stipulated period
- Stimulate Branch growth through recruitment of new clients
- Determine portfolio levels and areas of operation within existing policy framework In charge of branch petty cash and to ensure safe custody of branch assets.
- Organize and facilitate business and loan management trainings for new and existing clients
- Maintain high quality portfolio by ensuring on time payments of loans and being zero tolerant to arrears
- Monitor and responsible for loan approvals and the loan status of the branch, i.e. disbursements/ repayments and appraisals as per policy
- Take responsibility for bank operations and ensure that all group collections are banked the same day and payment receipts are sent to head office
- Ensure that all receipts delivered in the office by the branch and all data are properly keyed in the system and are authorized by the close of the day
- Liaise with collaborators and partners at the branch level on behalf of the company e.g. Banks, Administration and Landlords
- Responsible for preparation and submission of daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual reports to management
- Perform any other function as may be directed by management from time to time
Qualifications and competencies
- Bachelor’s degree Business management, Banking, Finance or Economics.
- CPA/CPS professional qualifications will be an added advantage
- At least 3 years working experience in credit or financial institution.
- Computer literacy in windows environment and relevant accounting/portfolio management package especially T-24 Emerge will be an added advantage Be aged between 25-40 years
- Applicants must be committed Christians
Other key skills:
Demonstrated leadership qualities, high integrity, be outgoing, good interpersonal skills, aggressive with strong business acumen, flexible and adaptable in responding to change and willing to relocate or work anywhere in the country
How to Apply
Qualified and interested candidates who meet the above criteria should download the “Job Application Form” at www.smep.co.ke/opportunities, and send their filled applications to email@example.com on or before Friday, 20th July, 2012.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.