Camp Manager at JAF Nature Teens Camp in Kajiado – Kenya Jobs, Careers and Vacancies
JAF Nature Teens Camp is a two week camp experience which gives an opportunity to young people in Kenya and world over to experience God’s love and see that he has a purpose for their life. Camp is run by counsellors who are mostly volunteers and is held five times in a year during school breaks in two week sessions with 2 session in May, 1 in August and 2 more in December. During each session 50 youths attend camp, for a total of 200 each year.
Reporting directly to the Area Supervisor, the Camp Manager directs and coordinates activities of workers regarding preparing and maintaining buildings and facilities in camp. Coordinates through subordinate personnel or personally directs workers engaged in preparing and maintaining such Camp facilities as dining halls and barracks used by resident laborers. Directs activities of food service workers. Schedules purchase and delivery of food supplies. Enforces safety and sanitation regulations
Duty Station: Isinya, Kajiado
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure our food service operations are executed professionally using the highest consideration for Food Safety protocol and hygiene
- Provide a premium fare menu with first class presentation
- Daily tracking of all meal sheets and obtaining field signatures for invoicing
- Manage all employees on the job site
- Organize all crew changes with Personnel Department
- Supervise all employees in their respective duties
- Ensure employees are following safe work procedures and promote the Jahwar Amber Fund programs in the field.
- Communicate and re-reinforce worker responsibilities
- Support regular Safety Inspections from Head Office Safety Officers
- Maintains required health records to insure proper payment of accident claims resulting from camp participation.
- Attend and conduct safety meetings
- Responsible to complete all and forward into the office in a secure and timely manner.
- Responsible to complete all paperwork required for site payroll and forward into the office in a secure and timely manner.
- Assumes responsibility for weekly camp attendance summary, program evaluation, counselor evaluation, and other required reports.
- Assumes responsibility for collecting camp fees, depositing money in the bank, and keeping accurate financial records.
- Aids in the evaluation of camp programs and personnel.
- Performs related work as required.
Education and Experience
• Diploma in Business Management, Management or related study
• Certificate in Hotel Management or F&B will be an added advantage
• Progressive management role in hospitality, food service or related industry
• Experience in the Camps and Catering and/or oil and gas industry is an asset
• Strong leader with focus on people management and problem solving
• Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with others
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Computer proficiency.
• Eligible to be deputized.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Considerable knowledge of mechanical, carpentry, building construction, and electrical skills.
• Knowledge of menu planning and food services.
• Ability to supervise the work of others.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with adults, youth, and the general public.
• Ability to maintain financial records.
• Ability to operate and maintain grounds equipment.
• Ability to operate and maintain kitchen equipment.
• Ability to work independently.
How to Apply
Via Fax: Attn: Programs Director – +254773008672
Via Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Via Post Programs Director
Jahwar Amber Fund
P.O. Box 75986 – 00200
Inquiries Telephone: 0733867644
Application Deadline: July 22nd, 2012
Female Candindates with experience in youth counseling are highly recommended to apply. Especially if below thirty four (34) yrs. Also, fresh candindates from relevant institutions may submit an application for internship position within this call of interest.