Location:-Nairobi with a possibility of being moved to Mombasa
Reporting to the Group Financial Controller
Our client a group of companies in the manufacturing sector with Interests across different sectors of the economy is seeking to fill the vacancy of a Chief Accountant.
The successful candidate will be primarily responsible for financial operations and management of the finance office, ensuring compliance with accounting, procurement, reporting as well as industry requirements.
S/he will work hand in hand with the other team members in the accounting department to ensure the institution works towards achieving its vision.
• Supervise cash management processes and ensure funds are reconciled and replenished in a timely manner.
• Take a lead role in preparation and review of budgets while monitoring to ensure that financial reports are prepared accurately and in a timely manner.
• S/he will also be responsible for sub-office payroll management, ensuring compliance with tax regulations as well provide technical assistance where it is of necessity.
• Develop finance talent and pipeline plans, coach teams.
• Functional forecasting and strategic planning through medium term plan.
Desired Qualifications, Skills and Abilities
• A qualified Accountant with Minimum CPAK, FCCA
• Bachelor’s degree in a respective field such as Accounting, Finance, Financial Management.
• Five to ten years significant accounting experience in a related field
• Experience with SAP Business accounting systems required.
• Working experience in an Import/Export Environment
• Strong computer skills, particularly Excel, Word and Access.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Demonstrated strengths in financial management with a strong client service focus; able to work with diverse groups of people and team oriented environment.
• Problem analysis and problem resolution at both a strategic and functional level.
• Able to express technical ideas and concerns in a non-technical environment.
• Maturity and discretion, able to work with, and maintain confidential information.
• Preferred age is 40 years and above
Qualified candidates are required to send their cover letters and Resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org by 20th July 2011.
Ensure “Chief Accountant” is the application’s Title.