To accomplish this mission, Care of Creation Kenya (CCK) is seeking to employ a qualified individual for the following position:
Job Title: Project Manager for Biblically – Based Community Development
Location: Kijabe (Care of Creation Kenya office at Moffat Bible College)
Reports To: The Executive Director
This person will promote a God-centered approach to environmental stewardship and provide competent oversight for community development and educational initiatives undertaken by Care of Creation Kenya (CCK).
Primary responsibilities will involve planning, the coordination of CCK staff and demonstrations, and the administration of training activities for Churches, schools, farmers and community groups in the areas of forestry and Farming God’s Way.
- Mature Christian with unquestioned personal integrity and character
- A heart for ministering to farmers, women, and local communities
- Excellent teaching skills, including proficiency in teaching from Scripture, and demonstrated work experience in teaching and/or community development.
- Excellent management, planning and administrative skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and Kiswahili
- Strong computer proficiency (including Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook, etc.)
- Able to keep detailed records and write detailed reports
- A self starter who takes initiative and requires little supervision
- Minimum educational requirement: Bachelor’s degree in community development from a reputable institution
- 2-3 years work experience in community development and/or mobilization.
- Grant-writing and fund-raising experience a plus
- Background and/or work experience in the areas of agriculture, forestry, or conservation
- Current Driver’s license (qualified for operating a motorcycle a plus).
Training / Mobilization / Community Development
- Plan, organize and conduct training seminars in cooperation with the Executive Director.
- Mobilize and encourage groups / communities / CCK partners to take action on environmental matters.
- Provide biblically-based and scientifically sound teaching to various audiences.
- Develop and conduct follow-up and monitoring activities with farmers, schools, churches, community groups, partners
- Establish healthy and ongoing relationships with the same
- Keep track of records, maintain project databases and produce reports
- Assist with grant-writing
- Provide management and oversight for staff members working in CCK’s indigenous tree nursery and farming demonstration
- Facilitate the proper functioning and management of the entire demonstration site
- Facilitate the efficiency of verbal and email communication between staff members and with schools, farmers, communities, churches or other CCK partners.
- Clearly articulate the vision and ministry of CCK to visitors and partners
- Manage and oversee outreach activities related to forestry and Farming God’s Way