Community Mobilizers at National Council for Population and Development (NCPD) in Nairobi – Kenya Jobs, Careers and Vacancies
The Kenya AIDS Indicator Survey (KAIS) is to be conducted from October 2012 to January 2013 in all regions of the country.The National Council for Population and Development (NCPD) has been mandated to undertake the social mobilization of the survey. In order to undertake this task NCPD is to recruit community mobilizers for specific areas in the country. Qualified Kenyans are invited to apply as community mobilizers at cluster level to seek community support and participation in the survey.
The specific objectives of Community Mobilization are to:
- Introduce KAIS II survey to the community (e.g. elders, chiefs, church and other leaders, etc.) in clusters where the survey will be conducted
- Sensitize and inform the community, including members of the sampled households, about the survey (e.g., purpose, household selection, components of the survey, participant eligibility requirements, etc.) and seek their support and participation in the survey
- Provide and disseminate survey mobilization and communication materials in the study clusters
- Ensure prompt response to any concerns about the survey that may arise before, during and after the survey.
The Community Mobilizers should meet the following requirements:
- Must have a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences from a recognized university
- Must be aged 35 years and above
- Must be fluent in English and Kiswahili and should be able to effectively communicate (oral, reading and writing) in the local language in the geographical areas where they are to work in the country. The 10 regions are: Western (NCPD Office Kakamega), Nyanza North ( NCPD Office Kisumu ) Nyanza South (NCPD Office Kisii), South Rift (NCPD Office Nakuru), North Rift (NCPD Office Eldoret), Eastern South (NCPD Office Machakos),Eastern North (NCPD Office Embu), Coast (NCPD Office Mombasa) North Eastern (NCPD Office Garissa), Central (NCPD Office Nyeri) and Nairobi
- Should have at least five years experience on mobilization activities in national surveys
- Should have confidence and show ability to work with little supervision
- Should have basic computer skills
- Must be willing to work anywhere in Kenya
- Must be ready to travel on a continuous basis and work in the field for about 3 months
- Evidence of further training in public health, communication/community mobilization will be an added advantage
- Must be a team player
Mode of Application
Applicants having the above qualifications should send their applications including copies of academic and professional certificates, testimonials, a copy of Identity card, detailed current CV indicating Local language(s) in which they are fluent in, three (3) names of referees and daytime telephone/Mobile numbers through either email (email@example.com )
or hard copies to the address provided below
The Director General/CEO
National Council for Population and Development (NCPD),
Chancery Building, 4th Floor, Valley Road
P.O. Box 48994-00100
So as to reach the Council on or before 23rd August 2012
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
- Latest Jobs in Kenya
- Regional Sales Executives Jobs in Kenya (Nyanza, Rift Valley and Coast)
- Web Content & Social Media Editor Job in Kenya
- Co-op Bank Relationship Manager Job in Kenya
- Executive Assistant Job in Kenya
- WEMA Project Communications Officer Job in Kenya
- AERC Senior Policy Analysts Jobs in Kenya
- Samburu County Chief Officers, Administrators, Treasury, Supply, Revenue Officer Jobs in Kenya
- Motor Vehicle / Motor Cycle Corporate Sales Officer Job in Kenya (KShs 80K – 90K)
- Marketing Assistant Career Opportunity in Arusha, Tanzania
- Regional Sales Manager Career Opportunity in Kenya
- Business Development Manager, Bank Branch Managers, and Electrical Sales Representative Jobs in Kenya
- Marie Stopes Anaesthetist Job in Nairobi, Kenya
- Faulu Kenya Risk Manager Job in Nairobi
- Faulu Kenya Banking Operations Supervisor Job in Nairobi
- Industrial Relations (IR) Officer Job in Nakuru, Kenya
- Food and Beverage Supervisor Job in Kenya (KShs 25K)
- UNICEF Somalia Logistics Officer (Monitoring and VISION Support) Job in Nairobi Kenya (6 Months)
- World Agroforestry Centre HR Officer (Recruitment) Job in Nairobi Kenya
- World Agroforestry Centre HR Officer (Compensation and Benefits) Job in Nairobi Kenya
- World Agroforestry Centre HR Specialist (Recruitment & Insurances) Job in Nairobi, Kenya
- World Agroforestry Centre HR Officer (Contract Management) Job in Nairobi, Kenya
- German Agro Action / Welthungerhilfe Deputy Country Representative Job in Nairobi Kenya
- International HIV/AIDS Alliance Technical Support Officer Job in Nairobi Kenya
- Sales Consultant Job in Kenya
- Pigiame Listing Scout Job in Nairobi Kenya
Leave a Reply
- Accounting Jobs in Kenya
- Administrative Jobs in Kenya
- Advertising Jobs in Kenya
- Agricultural Jobs in Kenya
- Art Jobs in Kenya
- Aviation Jobs in Kenya
- Consultancy Jobs in Kenya
- Education Jobs in Kenya
- Engineering Jobs in Kenya
- Executive Jobs in Kenya
- Finance Jobs Kenya
- Government Jobs in Kenya
- Graduate Jobs in Kenya
- Graduate Jobs Kenya
- Healthcare Jobs in Kenya
- IT Jobs in Kenya
- Jobs in Nairobi
- Legal Jobs in Kenya
- Logistics Jobs in Kenya
- Management Jobs in Kenya
- Marketing Jobs in Kenya
- Media Jobs in Kenya
- Oil And Gas Jobs In Kenya
- Real Estate Jobs in Kenya
- Sales Jobs in Kenya
- Telecommunication Jobs in Kenya
- Iconet Solutions Accountant Jo...
- Nairobi Women’s Hospital Man...
- Site Coordinators (Training) J...
- All About Maina Kageni. His Li...
- Sales Executive Job in Kenya (...
- ICC Ruling On Kenyan Case. Le...
- Warehouse Supervisor Job in Ke...
- Mercy Corps Community Liaison ...
- Water Meter Readers Job in Dad...
- IT Jobs in Kenya
- Safaricom Limited Senior Netwo...
- Regional Sales Executives Jobs...
- Web Content & Social Media...
- Sacco Accounts Assistant Job i...
- Co-op Bank Relationship Manage...
- Executive Assistant Job in Ken...
- WEMA Project Communications Of...
- AERC Senior Policy Analysts Jo...
- Samburu County Chief Officers,...
- Motor Vehicle / Motor Cycle Co...
- Retail Sales Executive Career ...
- Marketing Assistant Career Opp...