Corporate Approvals Manager at Capital Markets Authority in Nairobi – Kenya Jobs, Careers and Vacancies
The Capital Markets Authority (CMA) is a statutory agency charged with the responsibility of regulating and developing an efficient capital market in Kenya. To take our increasingly vibrant market to the next level, the Authority now invites applications from qualified, competent and experienced candidates for various roles. For all the positions, we are looking for candidates who are proactive high performers; goal oriented, possess strong analytical and problem solving skills, able to meet deadlines, have a strong attention to detail as well as having a view of the big picture and are dynamic.
CORPORATE APPROVALS MANAGER – HCA/CAM/01
Reporting to the Director, Market Operations the Corporate Approvals Manager is responsible for providing the technical and strategic leadership in the coordination of the timely review of license applications; information memoranda and other documentation for the listing of issues and offers through the securities exchange as well as approval of equity and debt instruments in line with capital market requirements. Coordinating the review of registration of “approved institutions”.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Participate in the formulation and development of the Authority’s strategic plan including monitoring and evaluating the implementation of work plans related to the licensing of market intermediaries; approval of issues and listing and registration of approved institutions;
- Oversee the development of annual work-plans and budgets for implementing offers, listings; licensing of market institutions and intermediaries; approvals and registration of approved institutions;
- Oversee the coordination of the review of applications for licensing market institutions and intermediaries;
- Supervise the coordination of the review of the information memoranda and other documentation to ensure that the information to applications for listing of new issues at the security exchange and acquisitions of publicly listed companies is accurate and complete and provides full disclosure of material facts;
- Participate in the review of applications from publicly listed companies to offer additional securities to the public in line with capital market requirements;
- Coordinate the review of applications from publicly listed companies involved in restructurings, takeovers, acquisitions and mergers in line with the capital markets requirements;
- Coordinate the review of applications for approval of equity and debt instruments;
- Oversee the registration of Collective Investment Schemes in line with the requirements of the Capital Markets Act and Regulations issued thereunder;
- Oversee the review of notices, announcement and advertisements by market intermediaries and listed companies and make recommendations of the suitability for publication;
- Liaise with Government Agencies, the Nairobi Securities Exchange, Central Depository & Settlement Corporation, legal firms and other key stakeholders regarding issues, listings and licensing applications;
- Plan, monitor and evaluate the performance of staff against set targets and objectives and implementing development action plans aimed at building the capacity of individuals and multi –disciplinary teams.
- Masters in Law or Masters in Business Administration;
- Bachelor of Laws, LLB
- Post graduate Diploma in law from Kenya School of Law
Professional Qualifications and Experience
- At least five (5) years post admission experience in legal affairs;
- Admission as an Advocate of the High Court of Kenya;
- A strong understanding of the capital markets operations and institutional policy;
- Experience in the practice of corporate commercial law and transaction advisory;
- A strong understanding of the Kenyan legislative system;
- Demonstrated proven leadership, high level of attention to detail, high integrity, good analytical and report writing skills and effective interpersonal skills.
- Certified Public Secretary (CPS) or Certified Public Accountant (CPA) Qualifications is added advantage
- Skills in legal framework
If your background, experience and competence match the specifications outlined, please send your application, quoting the reference of the position you are interested in, including your current curriculum vitae, copies of your certificates and other testimonials, salary history, three referees (one of who must be either your current or previous employer), day telephone number, e-mail address and details of your current salary and benefits to:
Capital Markets Authority
Embankment Plaza, 3rd Floor, Longonot Rd, Upperhill, Nairobi
P. O Box 74800 – 00200
The closing date is May 22, 2012
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.