Corporation Secretary and Head of Legal Affairs at Kenya Trade Network Agency (KENTRADE) in Nairobi – Kenya Jobs, Careers and Vacancies
Kenya Trade Network Agency (KENTRADE) is a State Corporation whose principal objective is to establish, operationalise and manage the National Electronic Single Window System in Kenya and to facilitate trade.
In order to fulfill the above objectives, the Agency intends to fill the following positions:
CORPORATION SECRETARY AND HEAD OF LEGAL AFFAIRS
Location : Head Office
Department : Legal Affairs
Reporting to : Chief Executive Officer
Supervises : None
Purpose Of The Job
To ensure effective and efficient management of Board activities; contract administration; management of the Agency’s legal and regulatory affairs; ensuring compliance to legal and regulatory legislation; drafting and negotiating legal agreements; executing contracts and other instruments for the Agency; secretarial duties and is the principal legal advisor to the Agency.
Main Tasks And Responsibilities
- Provides legal advice to the Agency;
- Monitors and reviews regulations governing the operations and ensures compliance with statutory requirements on a continuous basis;
- Organizes Board Meetings, and coordinates preparation of agenda including other documents required for such meetings;
- Prepares Minutes of the Board Meetings and ensures their circulation;
- Ensures safekeeping of confirmed and signed Minutes of Board Meetings;
- Provides advice on all contracts and agreements to be entered into between the Agency and other parties;
- Handles the Agency’s litigation functions in liaison with the State Law Office; attends court as appropriate and ensures the Agency obtains effective
representation as necessary;
- Facilitates dispute resolution between the Agency and third parties; and
- Ensures the Agency operates within the Law and advises on compliance issues.
Minimum Academic Qualifications
Bachelor’s degree in Law.
- Diploma in Law from Kenya School of Law;
- Advocate of the High Court of Kenya;
- Commissioner of Oaths; and
- Certified Public Secretary – Kenya (CPS-K).
Member of the Law Society of Kenya (LSK)
10 years working experience in a commercial legal environment.
Other Skills and Personal Attributes Required
- Excellent communication skills;
- Interpersonal skills;
- Ability to make decisions;
- Ability to work under extreme pressure;
- Ability to work under strict deadlines;
- High level of Integrity;
- Self-motivated/personal drive;
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and good decision making; and
- Computer literacy in MS Office.
Applications clearly indicating the position applied for and attaching a detailed CV, copies of certificates and testimonials must reach us not later than Monday 14th May 2012, and should be addressed to:-
The Executive Search, Selection & Placement Division
Eliud &Associates (E&A)
4th Floor – Consolidated Bank House, Koinange Street
P.O. Box 9483-00100 Nairobi
Applications can also be sent electronically to: firstname.lastname@example.org