Director of Resources at Build Africa Kenya (BAK) in Nairobi – Kenya Jobs, Careers and Vacancies
Build Africa Kenya (BAK) is a Non-Governmental Organization committed to developing the potential of young people and supporting their participation in sustainable development programmes.
BAK programme components are Education and Enterprise Development, currently being implemented in Gilgil and Machakos Districts. BAK is seeking to engage a dynamic, highly skilled and motivated Kenyan for the following position:
DIRECTOR OF RESOURCES
Station: Nairobi – with significant travel to the field and occasional travel to UK and Uganda
Reporting to: Country Director
Accountable for the quality of Build Africa Kenya’s support services to include Finance, Administration, and ICT. The post is also responsible for the disbursement of donor and BAK funds ensuring strict compliance with all financial, budgetary procedures.
An essential requirement is for the role to work with the Country Director to define and provide regular reporting suitable for senior management.
Key accountability areas in this role
- Custodian of all donor and BAK funds/resources as per BAK policy and donor dictates. To ensure that restricted project funds are accounted for and reported on separately and are clearly linked to activities in the approved project budget.
- To enforce Generally Accepted Accounting Standards (GAAP)
- To be responsible for the preparation and dissemination of financial accounts and reports (monthly, quarterly, end of year) in line with Build Africa UK’s (BAUK) reporting timetable. In particular, to ensure financial reports are accurate, on time and contain sufficient explanations of variances and key issues.
- To ensure all management information provided to BAK and to BAUK, whether provided as part of the regular timetable or as an ad hoc exercise meets the specified requirements and format
- To work closely with BAK’s senior management team and the BAUK’s Director of Resources to define management information suitable for senior management and then to produce this information to a high standard on a timely basis each month.
- To respond promptly to requests for financial information from BAUK, particularly requests for information to support fundraising bids and/or to report back to existing donors
- To establish strong working relationships with all senior BAK staff, whether located in Nairobi or in the field offices
- To develop and manage the annual budget preparation process within the framework of BAUK’s planning and budgeting process. In particular, to ensure that all budget and planning data is accurate, prepared on time and in the correct format
- To ensure that the external and internal audits process is properly managed,
- To ensure that procurement at BAK complies with BAK/Donor policy and to identify opportunities for improving procurement policy.
- To develop and implement new or amended policies and procedures relating to support services at BAK
- To ensure that procedures and responsibilities for Finance, logistics, office administration, and ICT are correctly implemented
- To ensure that BAK meets all its legal and compliance responsibilities including those relating to employment law, taxation, reporting and health and safety
- To be responsible for overall quality of support services at BAK.
- A qualified accountant
- Strong background in system development and enforcement.
- Experience in managing DfID, EU, USAID, DANIDA, and other major statutory portfolios.
- Budgeting, budgetary control, and audit skills
- Procurement and administration management
- Experience of managing IT and HR functions
- Experience in use of a recognized accounting software package
- IT literate; must be proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Good awareness of employer’s legal requirement under Kenyan law
- Experience of presenting financial information at a senior level to non-accountants
- Very good communication skills
- Works well with staff
- A client orientation to service provision
- A good coach, able to train staff.
- Able to work at a strategic and operational level
- Team player, flexible, and able to contribute significantly to the dynamics of the senior management team.
- A person of high integrity
To apply submit your curriculum vitae with a motivation letter to Bak@build-africakenya.org. Closing date: 9th May 2012.
While we value all applications, we can only respond to short listed candidates.
Whilst all applicants will be assessed strictly on their individual merits, qualified women are especially encouraged to apply.
- Latest Jobs in Kenya
- Academic Writing Jobs in Nairobi, Kenya
- CAP Entrepreneurship/ ICT Trainer Job in Kenya
- Safari Cook Job in Nanyuki, Kenya (Salary: Ksh. 30,000)
- Regional Sales Executives Jobs in Kenya (Nyanza, Rift Valley and Coast)
- Web Content & Social Media Editor Job in Kenya
- Co-op Bank Relationship Manager Job in Kenya
- Executive Assistant Job in Kenya
- WEMA Project Communications Officer Job in Kenya
- AERC Senior Policy Analysts Jobs in Kenya
- Samburu County Chief Officers, Administrators, Treasury, Supply, Revenue Officer Jobs in Kenya
- Motor Vehicle / Motor Cycle Corporate Sales Officer Job in Kenya (KShs 80K – 90K)
- Marketing Assistant Career Opportunity in Arusha, Tanzania
- Regional Sales Manager Career Opportunity in Kenya
- Business Development Manager, Bank Branch Managers, and Electrical Sales Representative Jobs in Kenya
- Marie Stopes Anaesthetist Job in Nairobi, Kenya
- Faulu Kenya Risk Manager Job in Nairobi
- Faulu Kenya Banking Operations Supervisor Job in Nairobi
- Industrial Relations (IR) Officer Job in Nakuru, Kenya
- Food and Beverage Supervisor Job in Kenya (KShs 25K)
- UNICEF Somalia Logistics Officer (Monitoring and VISION Support) Job in Nairobi Kenya (6 Months)
- World Agroforestry Centre HR Officer (Recruitment) Job in Nairobi Kenya
- World Agroforestry Centre HR Officer (Compensation and Benefits) Job in Nairobi Kenya
- World Agroforestry Centre HR Specialist (Recruitment & Insurances) Job in Nairobi, Kenya
- World Agroforestry Centre HR Officer (Contract Management) Job in Nairobi, Kenya
- German Agro Action / Welthungerhilfe Deputy Country Representative Job in Nairobi Kenya
Leave a Reply
- Accounting Jobs in Kenya
- Administrative Jobs in Kenya
- Advertising Jobs in Kenya
- Agricultural Jobs in Kenya
- Art Jobs in Kenya
- Aviation Jobs in Kenya
- Consultancy Jobs in Kenya
- Education Jobs in Kenya
- Engineering Jobs in Kenya
- Executive Jobs in Kenya
- Finance Jobs Kenya
- Government Jobs in Kenya
- Graduate Jobs in Kenya
- Graduate Jobs Kenya
- Healthcare Jobs in Kenya
- IT Jobs in Kenya
- Jobs in Nairobi
- Legal Jobs in Kenya
- Logistics Jobs in Kenya
- Management Jobs in Kenya
- Marketing Jobs in Kenya
- Media Jobs in Kenya
- Oil And Gas Jobs In Kenya
- Real Estate Jobs in Kenya
- Sales Jobs in Kenya
- Telecommunication Jobs in Kenya
- Iconet Solutions Accountant Jo...
- Nairobi Women’s Hospital Man...
- Site Coordinators (Training) J...
- All About Maina Kageni. His Li...
- Sales Executive Job in Kenya (...
- ICC Ruling On Kenyan Case. Le...
- Warehouse Supervisor Job in Ke...
- Mercy Corps Community Liaison ...
- Water Meter Readers Job in Dad...
- IT Jobs in Kenya
- Academic Writing Jobs in Nairo...
- CAP Entrepreneurship/ ICT Trai...
- CAP Customer Relations and Sal...
- Safari Cook Job in Nanyuki, Ke...
- Safaricom Limited Senior Netwo...
- Regional Sales Executives Jobs...
- Web Content & Social Media...
- Sacco Accounts Assistant Job i...
- Co-op Bank Relationship Manage...
- Executive Assistant Job in Ken...
- WEMA Project Communications Of...
- AERC Senior Policy Analysts Jo...