Location: Nakuru & Nairobi
Education Advocacy Officer at World Vision Kenya in Nakuru & Nairobi – Kenya Jobs, Careers and Vacancies
World Vision Kenya is a leading non-governmental Christian humanitarian, relief, development and advocacy RE-ADVERTISEMENT organization with projects in most parts of Kenya.
We wish to urgently recruit highly competent, proactive and self-driven people to fill the following positions within our organization.
EDUCATION ADVOCACY OFFICER
Location Sub-Branch (Central Rift and Nairobi)
Closing Date January 27 2012
Purpose of the Position:
To lead and facilitate the delivery of Education Accountability Project as per project goal, outcomes and outputs. In order to perform this role effectively, the Education Advocacy Officer must be able to effectively lead processes and interventions that will contribute to strengthened school governance systems, functional citizen oversight mechanisms at the schools and increased accountability in management of public school funds.
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
The following may be acquired through a combination of formal or self-education, prior experience or on-the-job training:
- A minimum of first degree in any of the Social Sciences or equivalent
- Significant experience on social accountability, working with children, partners and community advocacy groups, and government officers at the local level etc
- Ability to lead in complex and challenging environments
- Significant experience in facilitating community or citizen groups in participation in governance , public policy and legislative processes
- Significant experience in coalition building, networking and ability to rally coalitions and networks to take positions on specific policy issues
- Creativity and innovative thinking
- Experience in capacity building, community empowerment, stakeholder engagement and production of IEC materials with emphasis on education policy and advocacy issues
- Excellent time-management and prioritization
- Knowledgeable in relevant education policies and legal instruments at the national and local levels
- Strategic thinking and ability to lead on strategic planning with others
- Experience of working in a multi and cross-cultural environment
- Comprehensive experience in campaigning and/or communications
- Working knowledge of English and Swahili languages.
Job Details Download Job Details (http://www.wvafrica.org/download/filedownload.php?file=kenya_jobs/Education_Advocacy_Officer.pdf)
How to Apply
All application letters and detailed CVs together with names of three referees, should be sent to reach the undersigned not later than January 27th, 2011.
People and Culture
World Vision Kenya
Please indicate clearly on the subject line the position you are applying for. (Only short-listed candidates will be contacted).
- Latest Jobs in Kenya
- Regional Sales Executives Jobs in Kenya (Nyanza, Rift Valley and Coast)
- Web Content & Social Media Editor Job in Kenya
- Co-op Bank Relationship Manager Job in Kenya
- Executive Assistant Job in Kenya
- WEMA Project Communications Officer Job in Kenya
- AERC Senior Policy Analysts Jobs in Kenya
- Samburu County Chief Officers, Administrators, Treasury, Supply, Revenue Officer Jobs in Kenya
- Motor Vehicle / Motor Cycle Corporate Sales Officer Job in Kenya (KShs 80K – 90K)
- Marketing Assistant Career Opportunity in Arusha, Tanzania
- Regional Sales Manager Career Opportunity in Kenya
- Business Development Manager, Bank Branch Managers, and Electrical Sales Representative Jobs in Kenya
- Marie Stopes Anaesthetist Job in Nairobi, Kenya
- Faulu Kenya Risk Manager Job in Nairobi
- Faulu Kenya Banking Operations Supervisor Job in Nairobi
- Industrial Relations (IR) Officer Job in Nakuru, Kenya
- Food and Beverage Supervisor Job in Kenya (KShs 25K)
- UNICEF Somalia Logistics Officer (Monitoring and VISION Support) Job in Nairobi Kenya (6 Months)
- World Agroforestry Centre HR Officer (Recruitment) Job in Nairobi Kenya
- World Agroforestry Centre HR Officer (Compensation and Benefits) Job in Nairobi Kenya
- World Agroforestry Centre HR Specialist (Recruitment & Insurances) Job in Nairobi, Kenya
- World Agroforestry Centre HR Officer (Contract Management) Job in Nairobi, Kenya
- German Agro Action / Welthungerhilfe Deputy Country Representative Job in Nairobi Kenya
- International HIV/AIDS Alliance Technical Support Officer Job in Nairobi Kenya
- Sales Consultant Job in Kenya
- Pigiame Listing Scout Job in Nairobi Kenya
Leave a Reply
- Accounting Jobs in Kenya
- Administrative Jobs in Kenya
- Advertising Jobs in Kenya
- Agricultural Jobs in Kenya
- Art Jobs in Kenya
- Aviation Jobs in Kenya
- Consultancy Jobs in Kenya
- Education Jobs in Kenya
- Engineering Jobs in Kenya
- Executive Jobs in Kenya
- Finance Jobs Kenya
- Government Jobs in Kenya
- Graduate Jobs in Kenya
- Graduate Jobs Kenya
- Healthcare Jobs in Kenya
- IT Jobs in Kenya
- Jobs in Nairobi
- Legal Jobs in Kenya
- Logistics Jobs in Kenya
- Management Jobs in Kenya
- Marketing Jobs in Kenya
- Media Jobs in Kenya
- Oil And Gas Jobs In Kenya
- Real Estate Jobs in Kenya
- Sales Jobs in Kenya
- Telecommunication Jobs in Kenya
- Iconet Solutions Accountant Jo...
- Nairobi Women’s Hospital Man...
- Site Coordinators (Training) J...
- All About Maina Kageni. His Li...
- Sales Executive Job in Kenya (...
- ICC Ruling On Kenyan Case. Le...
- Warehouse Supervisor Job in Ke...
- Mercy Corps Community Liaison ...
- Water Meter Readers Job in Dad...
- IT Jobs in Kenya
- Safaricom Limited Senior Netwo...
- Regional Sales Executives Jobs...
- Web Content & Social Media...
- Sacco Accounts Assistant Job i...
- Co-op Bank Relationship Manage...
- Executive Assistant Job in Ken...
- WEMA Project Communications Of...
- AERC Senior Policy Analysts Jo...
- Samburu County Chief Officers,...
- Motor Vehicle / Motor Cycle Co...
- Retail Sales Executive Career ...
- Marketing Assistant Career Opp...