Job Title: Education Training Manager
Category: Full time, contract
Location: Isibania, Kuria West, Kenya.
Applicants must currently live in the region, or be willing to relocate for this position.
Nuru International Kenya is an NGO with a mission of ending extreme poverty. With programs in
agriculture, education, community economic development, and healthcare, Nuru’s Education Program aims to literacy levels among primary school-aged children in a sustainable and scalable way. Our team works with public, primary schools and facilitates literacy-focused programs during breaks in the school schedule to complement and reinforce the Kenyan curriculum. We are looking for a Training Manager to fill the vacant position in Kuria West District.
Specific Responsibilities include:
• Research and develop the Nuru education curriculum guide, drawing from best practices and resources throughout the education sector
• Train education staff on literacy development best practices and create training materials and reference guides for new hires
• Facilitate training on the Education curriculum for existing team members and any new hires
• Maintain strong lines of communication with the Education team and incorporate feedback into the development of relevant and high impact curriculum
• Shadow outreach programs to observe literacy challenges the team faces in the classrooms
• Analyze Uwezo literacy assessment results and use results to assess needs of schools
• Adapt curriculum based on needs of schools and challenges seen in classrooms
• Organize and lead trainings on curriculum
• Compile resources for the team on learning disabilities that affect our student population and provide training for the team to increase understanding of these issues
• In possession of KCSE certificate with a mean grade of C+ or higher
• In possession of a university degree in education/literacy related field
• Kenyan citizen in possession of the National Identification Card
• Fluent in both English and Kiswahili languages
• At least 3 years of experience developing curriculum at the primary school level
• At least 2 year of experience as a classroom teacher, preferably of primary school youth
• Thorough understanding of literacy development best practices and awareness of literacy development programs around the world
• Experience working effectively in a team setting
• Experience developing and leading training sessions
• Experience preparing presentations and presenting in front of a group
Interested applicants must submit the following:
• CV that includes the applicant’s name and current phone number
• A cover letter describing why he/she is interested in the position
• Three professional references with contact information
• A copy of school transcripts as well as any relevant certificates that the candidates has obtained
Applications must be submitted by August 17,, 2012. Please submit your application to the Nuru Education team by mail or by email at Nuru Kenya – Education Team PO Box 176 Isibania, Kenya 40414 or email@example.com.
Register your CV with Us For Free.