Engineer at Nation Media Group in Nairobi – Kenya Jobs, Careers and Vacancies
The Nation Media Group, the largest independent media house in East and Central Africa with operations in print, broadcast and digital media. It attracts and serves unparalleled audiences in Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania and Rwanda. We are seeking to recruit Engineers who will report to the Technical Managerwith the responsibility of ensuring quality transmission and reception of Nation Media Group’s radio and television
- Ensuring all broadcasting and transmission equipment are operational at all times;
- Carrying out design and implementation of new systems to improve broadcasting and transmission quality;
- Ensuring the division keeps a breast with changing technology and has the most appropriate technology at all times;
- Diagnosis of faulty equipment and repair or make appropriate recommendations;
- Planning maintenance schedules for all the equipment and ensuring its implementation; and
- Identifying required spares and facilitating their approval and purchase.
Qualifications, experience and skills
- University graduate in Electrical and Electronics engineering, Telecommunication broadcasting or related field;
- ICT skills in networking and systems administration;
- Over 3 years’ experience, if related experience in media will be an added advantage;
- Knowledgeable in applying best practice for broadcast telecommunications specifically radio, television and digital;
- Ability and readiness to work long odd hours;
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills; and
- High degree of integrity and dependability.
Benefits: Health Insurance
This position offers an excellent career growth opportunity and competitive remuneration package. If you meet the above criteria, please send your application and a detailed CV online to http://careers.nationmedia.com before 17th February, 2012.
Note: Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted