Engineering Assistant at Williamson Tea Kenya Ltd in Nairobi – Kenya Jobs, Careers and Vacancies
- A vacancy has arisen at one of our Tea Estates in the Rift Valley and we are requesting those who have the relevant qualifications and experience to apply.
Reporting to the Factory Manager, the Job holder will be responsible for overall maintenance and repairs of all tea processing machinery, maintenance of buildings and any other duties that may be assigned from time to time by the Factory Manager.
The job holder will carry the following:
- Plan, execute and document preventive machinery maintenance.
- Maintenance of tea processing machines
- General repairs, fabrication and fitting works in the plant and workshops.
- Supervise all engineering works including masonry and carpentry jobs.
- Possess a Higher National Diploma preferably from National Polytechnics or a degree in Mechanical Engineering. Those with ordinary Diplomas but with over 10 years experience will also be considered.
- Must be trained and knowledgeable in welding, fabrication and fitting.
- Must be 30 years and above.
- Computer literacy in MS office is essential.
- Minimum experience of five years, knowledge in AutoCAD, and experience in working in the Tea industry would be an added advantage
- Must be able to work independently and meet deadlines
- Be a dynamic person who has high integrity, good communication skills and relates well with others.
- Willingness to work extra hours to meet set targets and attend to machinery breakdowns if called upon.
If you meet the above requirements, please submit a letter of application, certificates including a detailed CV with telephone contacts, names and addresses of three referees. Your application should reach us not later than 31st December 2011 and be addressed to:
The Managing Director
Williamson Tea Kenya Ltd
P.O Box 42281-00100
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted