The World Food Programme Somalia activities include food assistance for relief, emergency school feeding, humanitarian air and logistics services, food coordination and emergency rehabilitation projects.
This position is open to qualified Kenyan nationals only. Female candidates in particular, are encouraged to apply.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
Under the direct supervision of National Finance Officer and the overall supervision of Chief Air Transport Officer, the incumbent will be responsible for the following duties:-
• Dispatch monthly invoices generated from the Flight Management Application (FMA) system to Agencies;
• Carry out prompt debt collection and reconciliation of the debtor’s accounts;
• Maintain proper Invoices Register;
• Maintain and reconcile receivable accounts in FMA and in WFP Information Network and Global System (WINGS);
• Respond to billing queries from the Agencies;
• File all Finance documents;
• Reconcile all receipts to bank statements and ensure that all receipts are posted in WINGS;
• Verify all United Nations Humanitarian Air Services (UNHAS) telephone bills and taxi invoices and bill respective staff personal use;
• Maintain Cash Book and do follow up for bank advices and ensure that all Bank advices are received and receipted;
• Draft routine correspondence related to the Unit’s work;
• Perform other related duties as required.
Education:dd Secondary school education including or supplemented by courses related to the area of work.
Experience: At least four years of progressively responsible clerical work experience in general administrative work including at least two years in the field of finance, accounting, audit, administrative services or other related field and at least one year at the G4 level or equivalent.
Language: Fluency in both oral and written communication in English.
Experience utilizing computers, including word processing, spreadsheet and other WFP standard software packages and systems. General knowledge of UN system financial policies, rules, regulations and procedures.
Interested and qualified candidates are requested to submit online applications only according to the following procedures:
• All applications must include an accurately filled in Personal History Form (P11) available at the following link http://www.unon.org/docs/P11.doc to be sent by e-mail to HR-SOM@wfp.org
• Quote the Vacancy Announcement number, job title and location of preference;
• Hand delivered applications will no longer be accepted;
• Applications that do not meet the above requirements will be disregarded;
• Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Register your CV with Us For Free.