Finance Intern at Living Water International (LWI) in Nairobi – Kenya Jobs, Careers and Vacancies
Living Water International (LWI) is a global non-governmental organization that exists to demonstrate the love of God by helping communities acquire desperately needed clean water, and to experience “living water“—the gospel of Jesus Christ—which alone satisfies the deepest thirst. Living Water in Africa is providing safe drinking water, Christian Witness, Sanitation and Health Education to communities across Africa. Living Water, at its Regional Service Centre in Nairobi, has a vacancy for a Finance intern (graduated in the past 2 years) who is committed, positive and resourceful. Initially the internship will be for 6 months. However, this may be extended.
- Provide a competent accounting service to the Regional Service Centre;
- Manage monthly payments for the office and expatriate staff by:
- Receiving, analyzing and ensuring prompt payment for accounts payable invoices for the Regional Service Centre;
- Identify and resolve queries timeously;
- Manage monthly payments for all Regional staff;
- Contribute to the development of financial procedures for the Regional Service Centre ensuring reporting compliance with LWI organizational policies;
- Ensure completeness of supporting documentation;
- Correctly code and input transactions into QuickBooks;
- Maintain accurate and up to date accounting files and records;
- Reconcile the bank reconciliation accounts;
- Prepare cash flow projection statements on a monthly basis;
- Provide a monthly financial report for the Regional Service Centre;
- Reconcile all bank accounts on a fortnightly basis.
The ideal candidate must possess the following qualifications, skills and experience:-
- Degree in Accounting
- Experience using an accounting system – QuickBooks accounting software is an advantage;
- Knowledge of bookkeeping and generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) along with regulatory compliance;
- Knowledge of accounting techniques and procedures;
- Self-directed, highly motivated, reliable;
- Excellent computer skills especially Excel and producing spreadsheets;
- Proficient in report writing
- Fluency in reading, writing and speaking English
How to Apply
Applicants should submit a 1 page cover letter and CV (no more than 4 pages) with details of qualifications (do not include copies at this stage) and work experience (if any) including 3 references – professional (lecturer if no work experience), spiritual and general.
All offers of employment are made contingent upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks.
Send your application before the closing date for applications on 9th July 2012 to:
The Human Resources Business Partner,
Living Water International – Africa Service Centre
You will be contacted within two weeks of the closing date if successful.
Living Water International, Regional Service Centre is an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage you to visit our website: http://www.water.cc for more information about our work.
- Latest Jobs in Kenya
- Web Content & Social Media Editor Job in Kenya
- WEMA Project Communications Officer Job in Kenya
- AERC Senior Policy Analysts Jobs in Kenya
- Samburu County Chief Officers, Administrators, Treasury, Supply, Revenue Officer Jobs in Kenya
- Motor Vehicle / Motor Cycle Corporate Sales Officer Job in Kenya (KShs 80K – 90K)
- Marketing Assistant Career Opportunity in Arusha, Tanzania
- Regional Sales Manager Career Opportunity in Kenya
- Business Development Manager, Bank Branch Managers, and Electrical Sales Representative Jobs in Kenya
- Marie Stopes Anaesthetist Job in Nairobi, Kenya
- Faulu Kenya Risk Manager Job in Nairobi
- Faulu Kenya Banking Operations Supervisor Job in Nairobi
- Industrial Relations (IR) Officer Job in Nakuru, Kenya
- Food and Beverage Supervisor Job in Kenya (KShs 25K)
- UNICEF Somalia Logistics Officer (Monitoring and VISION Support) Job in Nairobi Kenya (6 Months)
- World Agroforestry Centre HR Officer (Recruitment) Job in Nairobi Kenya
- World Agroforestry Centre HR Officer (Compensation and Benefits) Job in Nairobi Kenya
- World Agroforestry Centre HR Specialist (Recruitment & Insurances) Job in Nairobi, Kenya
- World Agroforestry Centre HR Officer (Contract Management) Job in Nairobi, Kenya
- German Agro Action / Welthungerhilfe Deputy Country Representative Job in Nairobi Kenya
- International HIV/AIDS Alliance Technical Support Officer Job in Nairobi Kenya
- Sales Consultant Job in Kenya
- Pigiame Listing Scout Job in Nairobi Kenya
- Beach Resort Front Desk Receptionist Job in Mombasa Kenya
- Dispatch Manager Job in Nairobi Kenya
- Supervisor (Motorcycle Assembly Division) Job in Nairobi Kenya
Leave a Reply
- Accounting Jobs in Kenya
- Administrative Jobs in Kenya
- Advertising Jobs in Kenya
- Agricultural Jobs in Kenya
- Art Jobs in Kenya
- Aviation Jobs in Kenya
- Consultancy Jobs in Kenya
- Education Jobs in Kenya
- Engineering Jobs in Kenya
- Executive Jobs in Kenya
- Finance Jobs Kenya
- Government Jobs in Kenya
- Graduate Jobs in Kenya
- Graduate Jobs Kenya
- Healthcare Jobs in Kenya
- IT Jobs in Kenya
- Jobs in Nairobi
- Legal Jobs in Kenya
- Logistics Jobs in Kenya
- Management Jobs in Kenya
- Marketing Jobs in Kenya
- Media Jobs in Kenya
- Oil And Gas Jobs In Kenya
- Real Estate Jobs in Kenya
- Sales Jobs in Kenya
- Telecommunication Jobs in Kenya
- Iconet Solutions Accountant Jo...
- Nairobi Women’s Hospital Man...
- Site Coordinators (Training) J...
- All About Maina Kageni. His Li...
- Sales Executive Job in Kenya (...
- ICC Ruling On Kenyan Case. Le...
- Warehouse Supervisor Job in Ke...
- Mercy Corps Community Liaison ...
- Water Meter Readers Job in Dad...
- IT Jobs in Kenya
- Web Content & Social Media...
- WEMA Project Communications Of...
- AERC Senior Policy Analysts Jo...
- Samburu County Chief Officers,...
- Motor Vehicle / Motor Cycle Co...
- Retail Sales Executive Career ...
- Marketing Assistant Career Opp...
- Regional Sales Manager Career ...
- Business Development Manager, ...
- Marie Stopes Anaesthetist Job ...
- Faulu Kenya Risk Manager Job i...
- Faulu Kenya Banking Operations...