Our Client, a leader in the Insurance Industry, is looking for an experienced General Manager in either Life or General Insurance to manage the company operations.
You will be working closely with key customers and senior executives to identify opportunities and undertake a number of critical initiatives to support overall business strategy.
Knowledge of insurance industry practices is required with over 10 years experience 4 of which must have been at senior management levels.
- Manage the company operations
- Leading in the formulation and implementation of organizational policies and strategies.
- Coordinating preparation of organizations’ annual budget for approval by the board and following through to ensure targets and budgets are met as per agreed business deliverables.
- Monitor the organization’s budget by reviewing management accounts and ensuring they conform to the budgetary provisions.
- Authorize transactions and actions in accordance with the set authorization limits
- Developing procedures related to the organization and ensure effective implementation.
- Ensure preparation of timely organization reports covering all departments.
- Accountable for safeguarding and effective management of company assets.
- Develop and facilitate capacity building of staff to achieve optimal performance and motivational levels.
- Manage complex work assignments with minimum supervision
- Provide professional leadership and manage staff performance in the company.
- Liaison with Government and Regulatory Bodies
- Knowledge of Insurance and the Market Practices
- Proven Competence in a Front Line Management
- Proven Competence in Board Liaison and Governance Input
- Strong Leadership, Management and Execution Skills
- Excellent Analytical and Interpretational Skills
- Financial Analytical and Budgeting Skills
- Demonstrated Integrity
- People Management, Interpersonal and Communication Skills
- Excellent Interaction, Team Player and Presentation Skills
- Excellent Customer Care Skills
- Conflict Resolution, Negotiation and Influencing Skills
- Bachelors Degree Plus Relevant Professional Qualification, a Masters Degree is desirable
- 9 -10 Years Experience, 4 of Which Must Have Been at a Senior Level.
- Prior Experience Managing a Department or Department in a Large Organization/Busy Environment.
- Experience and Competence in the Control and Training of Staff in use of Various Procedures Associated with the Operations of a Particular Department