General Manager – Support Services at Kenya Trade Network Agency (KENTRADE) in Nairobi – Kenya Jobs, Careers and Vacancies
Kenya Trade Network Agency (KENTRADE) is a State Corporation whose principal objective is to establish, operationalise and manage the National Electronic Single Window System in Kenya and to facilitate trade.
In order to fulfill the above objectives, the Agency intends to fill the following positions:
GENERAL MANAGER – SUPPORT SERVICES
Location : Head Office
Division : Support Services
Reporting to : Chief Executive Officer
Supervises : (i) Head of Finance; (ii) Head of HR and Administration; (iii) Head of Strategy & Planning; and (iv) Head of Procurement.
Purpose Of The Job
To oversee the Finance, Human Resource and Administrative support functions in the organization, including but not limited to;
- Ensuring prudent financial management and internal controls by overseeing the development and implementation of appropriate
financial policies, procedures and systems, so as to ensure integrity, timely service delivery and value for money for the Agency; and
- Ensuring availability of adequate and competent staff; staff training and development; reward management; maintenance of good industrial relations; and administrative support functions for enhanced service delivery to all the stakeholder segments of the Agency.
Main Tasks And Responsibilities
- Overseeing and coordinating the development and operationalisation of the Agency’s Finance Strategy and Budgets;
- Overseeing and coordinating the preparation of budgets and providing technical support/advice to line managers on budgeting;
- Overseeing and coordinating the preparation of financial policies, procedures and guidelines;
- Overseeing and coordinating the development and implementation of Human Resources Management Strategies that support the Corporate Vision, Mission and Strategic Objectives of the Agency;
- Overseeing and coordinating the development and implementation of effective human resources policies, plans and procedures to guide employment practices;
- Overseeing and coordinating the development and implementation of appropriate human resource and succession plans to address the Agency’s present and future staff needs;
- Overseeing and coordinating the development of staff Job Descriptions and Specifications;
- Overseeing and coordinating the implementation of commensurate compensation and benefits packages to ensure attraction and retention of qualified and competent staff;
- Overseeing and coordinating the development and implementation of sound Performance Management Systems that facilitate a comprehensive performance contracting framework for staff at all levels to facilitate effective implementation of the Agency’s Strategic Plan;
- Overseeing the development of the Agency’s Pension Scheme in conformity to RBA and government regulations;
- Overseeing and coordinating the development and implementation of pre-requisite occupational health and safety programs with a view to ensuring a conducive work environment;
- Overseeing and coordinating the development and institutionalization of an appropriate performance-based corporate culture that supports the business;
- Overseeing and coordinating effective salary administration and reward management, including administration of staff payroll;
- Overseeing and coordinating compliance to the Labour Laws and Government regulations;
- Overseeing and coordinating the outsourcing of support services and effective supervision of their administration;
- Overseeing and coordinating the provision of effective and efficient administrative support services to the entire Agency through proper management of office services and logistics;
- Overseeing and coordinating the administrative function in the broader areas of Transport and Logistics; Document Production; Office logistics and services;
- Overseeing and coordinating the provision of back office administrative skills in document handling and storage, facility security and upkeep, licensing policies, travel arrangements, accommodation and fleet management;
- Overseeing and coordinating the design of appropriate administrative systems and policies and ensuring compliance by the various functional units;
- Overseeing the Strategy, Planning, Monitoring and Evaluation function;
- Overseeing all aspects related to the Procurement function; and
- Overseeing and coordinating the preparation of Board Papers on Finance, Human Resources and Administration matters.
Minimum Academic Qualifications
A Postgraduate degree in Finance, Human Resources or Business Administration from a recognized University.
Postgraduate Diploma in Finance, Human Resources Management or Administration.
Membership to relevant professional bodies based on discipline of specialization as outlined in A above.
At least 10 years working experience at top management level within a support service function.
Other Skills and Personal Attributes Required
- Good organizational skills, analytical and attentive to detail with individual leadership and interpersonal skills;
- Demonstrable skills sets in Finance or strategic HR management practice and administrative and managerial skills;
- An astute communicator in both oral and written communication;
- Effective presentation skills;
- Willingness to work long hours under stretch targets in a fast-paced working environment ;
- Ability to work in a team environment and motivate employees under him; and
- Be computer literate in relevant Finance/HR applications and packages.
Applications clearly indicating the position applied for and attaching a detailed CV, copies of certificates and testimonials must reach us not later than Monday 14th May 2012, and should be addressed to:-
The Executive Search, Selection & Placement Division
Eliud &Associates (E&A)
4th Floor – Consolidated Bank House, Koinange Street
P.O. Box 9483-00100 Nairobi
Applications can also be sent electronically to: email@example.com
- Latest Jobs in Kenya
- Regional Sales Executives Jobs in Kenya (Nyanza, Rift Valley and Coast)
- Web Content & Social Media Editor Job in Kenya
- Co-op Bank Relationship Manager Job in Kenya
- WEMA Project Communications Officer Job in Kenya
- AERC Senior Policy Analysts Jobs in Kenya
- Samburu County Chief Officers, Administrators, Treasury, Supply, Revenue Officer Jobs in Kenya
- Motor Vehicle / Motor Cycle Corporate Sales Officer Job in Kenya (KShs 80K – 90K)
- Marketing Assistant Career Opportunity in Arusha, Tanzania
- Regional Sales Manager Career Opportunity in Kenya
- Business Development Manager, Bank Branch Managers, and Electrical Sales Representative Jobs in Kenya
- Marie Stopes Anaesthetist Job in Nairobi, Kenya
- Faulu Kenya Risk Manager Job in Nairobi
- Faulu Kenya Banking Operations Supervisor Job in Nairobi
- Industrial Relations (IR) Officer Job in Nakuru, Kenya
- Food and Beverage Supervisor Job in Kenya (KShs 25K)
- UNICEF Somalia Logistics Officer (Monitoring and VISION Support) Job in Nairobi Kenya (6 Months)
- World Agroforestry Centre HR Officer (Recruitment) Job in Nairobi Kenya
- World Agroforestry Centre HR Officer (Compensation and Benefits) Job in Nairobi Kenya
- World Agroforestry Centre HR Specialist (Recruitment & Insurances) Job in Nairobi, Kenya
- World Agroforestry Centre HR Officer (Contract Management) Job in Nairobi, Kenya
- German Agro Action / Welthungerhilfe Deputy Country Representative Job in Nairobi Kenya
- International HIV/AIDS Alliance Technical Support Officer Job in Nairobi Kenya
- Sales Consultant Job in Kenya
- Pigiame Listing Scout Job in Nairobi Kenya
- Beach Resort Front Desk Receptionist Job in Mombasa Kenya
Leave a Reply
- Accounting Jobs in Kenya
- Administrative Jobs in Kenya
- Advertising Jobs in Kenya
- Agricultural Jobs in Kenya
- Art Jobs in Kenya
- Aviation Jobs in Kenya
- Consultancy Jobs in Kenya
- Education Jobs in Kenya
- Engineering Jobs in Kenya
- Executive Jobs in Kenya
- Finance Jobs Kenya
- Government Jobs in Kenya
- Graduate Jobs in Kenya
- Graduate Jobs Kenya
- Healthcare Jobs in Kenya
- IT Jobs in Kenya
- Jobs in Nairobi
- Legal Jobs in Kenya
- Logistics Jobs in Kenya
- Management Jobs in Kenya
- Marketing Jobs in Kenya
- Media Jobs in Kenya
- Oil And Gas Jobs In Kenya
- Real Estate Jobs in Kenya
- Sales Jobs in Kenya
- Telecommunication Jobs in Kenya
- Iconet Solutions Accountant Jo...
- Nairobi Women’s Hospital Man...
- Site Coordinators (Training) J...
- All About Maina Kageni. His Li...
- Sales Executive Job in Kenya (...
- ICC Ruling On Kenyan Case. Le...
- Warehouse Supervisor Job in Ke...
- Mercy Corps Community Liaison ...
- Water Meter Readers Job in Dad...
- IT Jobs in Kenya
- Safaricom Limited Senior Netwo...
- Regional Sales Executives Jobs...
- Web Content & Social Media...
- Sacco Accounts Assistant Job i...
- Co-op Bank Relationship Manage...
- WEMA Project Communications Of...
- AERC Senior Policy Analysts Jo...
- Samburu County Chief Officers,...
- Motor Vehicle / Motor Cycle Co...
- Retail Sales Executive Career ...
- Marketing Assistant Career Opp...
- Regional Sales Manager Career ...