Head, Internal Audit at National AIDS Control Council in Nairobi – Kenya Jobs, Careers and Vacancies
The National AIDS Control Council (NACC) is a State Corporation mandated to provide a strategic framework to coordinate stakeholders in the implementation of the national multi-sectoral response to HIV and AIDS in Kenya. In order to strengthen capacity to accomplish its mandate, NACC is seeking to recruit a suitable and motivated individual to fill the following key positions.
HEAD, INTERNAL AUDIT
The position holder will be responsible functionally to the Council Audit Committee and administratively to the Director for developing and implementing a comprehensive prevention programme through independent, systematic and objective audit reviews and programmatic evaluations of business policies, systems, processes and practices.
This involves inter alia continuously assessing the effectiveness of internal controls and degree of compliance as well as identifying organizational risk factors.
Broad Key Accountabilities
- Develop, implement and evaluate internal control framework related to risks.
- Determine the adequacy of internal controls
- Examine and inspect activity records, accounting systems and procedures.
- Monitor and review procurement policy and staff recruitment procedures.
- Coordinate and interact with the Council Audit Committee and external auditors.
- Evaluate progress and status of steps taken to address any current and past audits.
- Review and evaluate the progress made in achieving institutional specific objectives.
- Liaise and work closely with relevant law enforcement agencies, commissions and professional organizations.
- Prepare and submit oral and written reports of findings concerning scope of audit, financial conditions found, source and application of funds, and make recommendations for the improvement of operations.
Qualification and Experience
- Master’s degree in relevant discipline
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, commerce, economics or equivalent qualifications
- Full professional accounting qualifications such as CPA, ACCA, ACA and membership to a relevant professional body.
- Minimum seven (7) years relevant professional experience in the areas of accounting and audit gained from an organization with strong internal control frameworks
i) The candidate must have demonstrated thorough knowledge of;
- approved principles, procedures, and practices involving accounting and financial record keeping including government policy and accounting procedures
- audit procedures, including planning, audit techniques, testing and sampling methods and tools used in conducting audits
- fundamentals of internal control systems and the ability to properly execute audits designed to test these controls
- potential ability to improve the NACC operational policies and procedures, business processes, audit objectives, key management strategies
ii) Exhibit proficiency in a wide array of computer solutions appropriate to audit and accounting.
iii) Have excellent communication and demonstration skills
iv) Ability to work independently without supervision and to maintain highest integrity and confidentiality of audit information
If you fulfill the above requirements, you are invited to apply by submitting an application together with an up to date CV, copies of certificates, testimonials and names and contacts of three referees by Friday, July 26, 2012 to the address provided below.
All applicants must indicate their current and expected salary and
National AIDS Control Council,
P. O. Box 61307, 00200
NACC is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified persons living with Disabilities and qualified people living with HIV are particularly encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted