Human Resource and Administration Officer at Commission for Higher Education in Nairobi – Kenya Jobs, Careers and Vacancies
The Commission for Higher Education is a regulatory agency charged with planning, advising, accreditation and quality assurance in higher education. The Commission for Higher Education wishes to recruit self-motivated and qualified professionals for vacant positions as outlined here below.
HUMAN RESOURCE AND ADMINISTRATION OFFICER
Qualifications & Experience:
- Honours first degree and a masters degree in either human resource or administration from a recognized university; candidates with a postgraduate diploma in human resource will also be considered.
- At least five (5) years working experience in an institution of higher learning or educational research, three of which should be at management level, dealing with both human resource management and, administration and central services.
- Thorough understanding of current labour laws and regulations;
- Ability to serve interests of a wide range of employees and clients;
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills;
- Ability to work both as a team leader and as a team player;
- Demonstrated leadership and management skills.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The duties of Human Resource and Administration Officer shall include:
- facilitate the Commission in recruitment and selection of staff at various levels;
- arrange for capacity building activities in line with the Commission’s policies;
- Facilitate annual staff appraisal process;
- maintain harmonious employee relations and effective communications systems;
- administer employee benefits;
- administer common/shared services across departments/offices in the Commission;
The above positions are on permanent and pensionable terms subject to satisfactory completion of a probation period.
Mode of Application:
Applications, together with the Curriculum Vitae; copies of academic and professional certificates and testimonials including daytime telephone contact, should be sent to the undersigned so as to be received on or before 13th April 2012.
The job reference should be indicated on the envelope.
The Commission Secretary / Chief Executive Officer
Commission for Higher Education
P. O. Box 54999 – 00200
Only shortlisted applicants will be communicated to.
Salary and Benefits
The Commission offers a competitive package within guidelines for the Public Service in Kenya.
Commission for Higher Education is an Equal Opportunity Employer