VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGER – NAIROBI
Our client is Africa’s pioneering provider of Triple Play services. They are seeking to recruit an ambitious, dynamic & innovative individual for the role of Human Resource Manager.
Overall Purpose: Responsible for all aspects of human capital; including recruitment, rewards, staff development, motivation, discipline and separation within the company policies.
HR Management Support
• Providing ongoing operational support and guidance to the business units in terms of HR Strategies and processes.
• Assisting in the implementation of a performance management process which ensures, on an ongoing basis, that staff set clear and relevant annual objectives, receive accurate performance reviews, and have meaningful development plans.
Strategic Management and HR Team Development
• Providing both professional and business input at meetings ensuring that the overall grand strategy is being implemented and that any deviations in achieving targets are being consulted on and communicated.
• Reviewing and evaluating human resources programmes, systems and procedures to ensure they are relevant to business units needs and are cost effective.
Recruitment, Compensation and Manpower Planning
• Recruiting and retaining high calibre staff with the right skills for the job, through effective marketing of job opportunities, deployment of effective recruitment and orientation programmes, and through promoting the company as an employer of choice within the community.
• Implementing compensation/incentive programme s and benefit plans which are competitive and effective in motivating and retaining high performers and manage the payroll function to ensure that all staff is paid accurately and promptly.
• Deploying effective processes for succession planning and career development, so that successors are identified and developed for key positions within the organization, and so that the talent within the organization is fully developed and critical skills are transferred.
Leadership, People Management and Training Implementation
• Evaluating training needs of the organization, sourcing and implementing training programmes accordingly.
Communication and Employee relations
• Maintaining a positive employee relations environment by proactively working with management on potential staff issues, through regular staff welfare/recreation programmes, and through regular and proactive engagement with staff at all levels.
• Ensuring that effective employee communication programmes are in place to build a well- informed organization.
• Ensuring that the staff’s working environment and facilities are functioning and contributing proactively to staff morale and productivity.
• Ensuring that employees are aware and educated on all company policies and practices.
• Contributing to the organization’s profitability by adhering to the human resource’s department’s operating budget.
Qualifications & Experience
• A degree and or an MBA in Human resource management and business management.
• At least 6 years of generalist HR experience.
• A track record of successful Human Resource leadership in driving people, organization development and change management.
• Ability to be effective both strategically and at hands-on operational level.
• The ability to manage multi dimensional countries and an understanding of related legislation is crucial.
• Knowledge of SAP would be an added advantage.
• Supervisory skills
• Team building skills
• Problem solving skills
• Counsel ling skills
• Effective verbal, listening and writing communication skills
• Computer skills including the ability to operate spread-sheets and word processing programs at a highly proficient level
• Ability to maintain information confidential
How to apply:
If you are interested in the position and have the skills and talents our client is looking for, we would like to hear from you. Please forward a copy of your updated resume, and your current salary and benefits package to firstname.lastname@example.org before close of business 3rd Aug 2012.