Human Resource/Administrative Intern at Living Water International (LWI) in Nairobi – Kenya Jobs, Careers and Vacancies
Living Water International (LWI) is a global non-governmental organization that exists to demonstrate the love of God by helping communities acquire desperately needed clean water, and to experience “living water“—the gospel of Jesus Christ—which alone satisfies the deepest thirst. Living Water in Africa is providing safe drinking water, Christian Witness, Sanitation and Health Education to communities across Africa. Living Water, at its Regional Service Centre in Nairobi, has a vacancy for Human Resource/Administrative Intern (graduated in the past 2 years) who is committed, positive and resourceful. Initially the internship will be for 6 months. However, this may be extended.
HUMAN RESOURCE/ADMINISTRATIVE INTERN
Provide support to the Human Resource Business Partner for Africa in the areas of:-
- HR admin processes;
- Employee record keeping; policy development for the Regional Service Centre; maintaining leave records for regional staff
- Ad hoc projects as and when required.
Provide support to the Executive Assistant in the areas of:-
- Reception duties;
- Maintaining office files and records of decision;
- Research and assist the Executive Assistant with the preparation of various documents and reports;
- Assist in organizing events and seminars;
- Prepare agendas/packages for meetings as required;
- Travel liaison, meeting and event co-ordination;
- Perform other related duties when required.
The ideal candidate should possess the following qualifications, skills and experience:-
- Degree in HR/Administration studies – Business Administration with a major in HR;
- Proficient in Microsoft programs
- Excellent communication skills with proficiency in written and verbal English;
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy and confidentiality concerning staff information;
- Well-structured and organized in coordinating and tracking tasks on-time;
- A good team player
Applicants should submit a 1 page cover letter and CV (no more than 4 pages) with details of qualifications (do not include copies at this stage) and work experience (if any) including 3 references – professional (lecturer if no work experience), spiritual and general.
All offers are made contingent upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks.
Send your application before the closing date for applications on 9th July 2012 to:
The Human Resources Business Partner,
Living Water International – Africa Service Centre
You will be contacted within two weeks of the closing date if successful.
Living Water International, Regional Service Centre is an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage you to visit our website: http://www.water.cc for more information about our work.