Human Resources and Administration Assistant at Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) in Nairobi – Kenya Jobs, Careers and Vacancies
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international Non Governmental Organization.
MSF France – Somalia mission is currently recruiting for the position of a
HUMAN RESOURCES AND ADMINISTRATION ASSISTANT, based in Nairobi.
Main Objective of Position
The Human Resources and Administration Assistant is responsible for managing the HR files of national and international personnel and for providing administrative support to the mission.
S/he assists the Finance and HR Coordinator through specific tasks and responsibilities.
Responsibilities and Tasks
- HR administration for Nairobi-based staff:
- Preparation of contracts, creation and maintenance of paper files;
- Preparation of payroll and social contributions;
- Maintenance of HR database;
- Administrative management of expatriate personnel
- Follow-up on immigration issues, for national and international staff
- Coordinating movements for visitors and personnel in transit
- Information management & archiving files, general administrative support for the mission
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Business related studies.
- Diploma in Human Resources is an asset
- Experience: Working experience of 1 year in administration-related position is a strong asset
- Experience with MSF or other international NGOs is an asset
- Languages: English and Swahili essential
- IT Knowledge: Computer literate in the MS Office package
- Familiarity with HR/Payroll software is a strong asset
- Good understanding of Kenyan labour laws
- Excellent communication skills both in writing and speaking
- Very strong organization skills
- Service minded, proactive, initiative, flexible
- Good team player, ability to set priorities
All applicants should send an application letter and detailed CV (with references) to the
Finance and Human Resources Coordinator,
MSF France Somalia,
P.O. Box 13578-00800, Nairobi
or per email email@example.com: please state “HR and Administration Assistant Vacancy” in the subject line of the email.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Closing date: 20 April 2012, 17:00hrs.
Foreseen starting day: 14 May 2012