Internal Auditor at Export Processing Zones Authority in Nairobi – Kenya Jobs, Careers and Vacancies
Export Processing Zones Authority is a state corporation established through an act of parliament Cap 517 of the laws of Kenya to oversee all aspects of development of Export Processing Zones (EPZs) in Kenya. The economic objectives of the EPZ program include employment creation, export diversification/expansion, investment attraction, technology transfer and backward linkages between the EPZs and domestic suppliers.
The Authority has the following vacant posts.
The Internal Auditor’s responsibility is to organize, manage, supervise and implement internal audit systems and procedures. This will included the examination and evaluation of the adequacy and effectiveness of internal controls, financial management and accounting systems, adherence to regulatory requirements as set out in various instruments governing the Authority. The Internal Auditor will report functionally to the Board through the Audit Boards Committee and administratively to the Chief Executive Officer
- Review and advice on internal control systems for effective management.
- Develop a flexible annual audit plan using appropriate risk-based methodology, including any risks or control concerns identified by the management and submit that report to the Audit Committee for review and approval.
- Implement the annual audit plan as approved, including, as appropriate, assist in investigations requested by the management, the Audit Committee or the Board of Directors.
- Issue quarterly reports to the Management and the Audit Committee summarizing the results of the audit activities
- Review the adequacy of controls established to ensure compliance with internal policies, procedures, statutory and regulatory requirements
- Establish a system that ensures the quality of internal auditing activities and processes.
- Follow up on the implementation of internal and external audit recommendations and evaluate the response and actions taken by management, as well as providing advice or clarify when necessary.
- Perform consulting services beyond internal audit’s assurance services to assist management in meeting its objectives.
- Act as the secretary to Board Audit Committee.
- Drafting of annual work program for submission for Board approval
- Effective and timely completion of approved annual audit work program
- Evaluates risk and recommends improvements in internal control systems
- Supervises audit assignments and provides professional advice to the audit team
- Prepares detailed audit and ISO procedures manual and audit programs
- Discuss findings in audit reports with the CEO and senior management and makes follow up audit recommendations and ensures that corrective action is taken
- Plan and conduct special investigations as needed
- Prepares audit and risk committee papers for the Board
- Liaises with the external auditors
- Provides advisory assistance in policy and procedures development and system implementation
- Maintenance of quality control in all work in Audit department in compliance with professional standards.
- Undertakes such other related duties as directed by the Board and the CEO
- Masters in Finance/ Strategic Management
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in Commerce, Accounting or Finance
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA (K) and/or Certified Internal Systems Auditor (CISA)
- Minimum of 5 years relevant experience
- Must be articulate, self motivated, and a team player
- Strong communication skills
- Good team player who is able work independently
If your qualifications and competencies meet the above requirements, please write in confidence to the undersigned enclosing copies of your academic certificates and testimonials, detailed curriculum vitae (CV) showing your current position and remuneration, daytime telephone contacts and email and telephone contacts of three referees to reach the undersigned on or before 1st August 2012
Human Resource Manager
Export Processing Zones Authority
P.O. Box 50563 – 00200
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
“EPZA is an Equal Opportunity Employer”
- Latest Jobs in Kenya
- Academic Writing Jobs in Nairobi, Kenya
- CAP Entrepreneurship/ ICT Trainer Job in Kenya
- Safari Cook Job in Nanyuki, Kenya (Salary: Ksh. 30,000)
- Regional Sales Executives Jobs in Kenya (Nyanza, Rift Valley and Coast)
- Web Content & Social Media Editor Job in Kenya
- Co-op Bank Relationship Manager Job in Kenya
- Executive Assistant Job in Kenya
- WEMA Project Communications Officer Job in Kenya
- AERC Senior Policy Analysts Jobs in Kenya
- Samburu County Chief Officers, Administrators, Treasury, Supply, Revenue Officer Jobs in Kenya
- Motor Vehicle / Motor Cycle Corporate Sales Officer Job in Kenya (KShs 80K – 90K)
- Marketing Assistant Career Opportunity in Arusha, Tanzania
- Regional Sales Manager Career Opportunity in Kenya
- Business Development Manager, Bank Branch Managers, and Electrical Sales Representative Jobs in Kenya
- Marie Stopes Anaesthetist Job in Nairobi, Kenya
- Faulu Kenya Risk Manager Job in Nairobi
- Faulu Kenya Banking Operations Supervisor Job in Nairobi
- Industrial Relations (IR) Officer Job in Nakuru, Kenya
- Food and Beverage Supervisor Job in Kenya (KShs 25K)
- UNICEF Somalia Logistics Officer (Monitoring and VISION Support) Job in Nairobi Kenya (6 Months)
- World Agroforestry Centre HR Officer (Recruitment) Job in Nairobi Kenya
- World Agroforestry Centre HR Officer (Compensation and Benefits) Job in Nairobi Kenya
- World Agroforestry Centre HR Specialist (Recruitment & Insurances) Job in Nairobi, Kenya
- World Agroforestry Centre HR Officer (Contract Management) Job in Nairobi, Kenya
- German Agro Action / Welthungerhilfe Deputy Country Representative Job in Nairobi Kenya
Leave a Reply
- Accounting Jobs in Kenya
- Administrative Jobs in Kenya
- Advertising Jobs in Kenya
- Agricultural Jobs in Kenya
- Art Jobs in Kenya
- Aviation Jobs in Kenya
- Consultancy Jobs in Kenya
- Education Jobs in Kenya
- Engineering Jobs in Kenya
- Executive Jobs in Kenya
- Finance Jobs Kenya
- Government Jobs in Kenya
- Graduate Jobs in Kenya
- Graduate Jobs Kenya
- Healthcare Jobs in Kenya
- IT Jobs in Kenya
- Jobs in Nairobi
- Legal Jobs in Kenya
- Logistics Jobs in Kenya
- Management Jobs in Kenya
- Marketing Jobs in Kenya
- Media Jobs in Kenya
- Oil And Gas Jobs In Kenya
- Real Estate Jobs in Kenya
- Sales Jobs in Kenya
- Telecommunication Jobs in Kenya
- Iconet Solutions Accountant Jo...
- Nairobi Women’s Hospital Man...
- Site Coordinators (Training) J...
- All About Maina Kageni. His Li...
- Sales Executive Job in Kenya (...
- ICC Ruling On Kenyan Case. Le...
- Warehouse Supervisor Job in Ke...
- Mercy Corps Community Liaison ...
- Water Meter Readers Job in Dad...
- IT Jobs in Kenya
- Academic Writing Jobs in Nairo...
- CAP Entrepreneurship/ ICT Trai...
- CAP Customer Relations and Sal...
- Safari Cook Job in Nanyuki, Ke...
- Safaricom Limited Senior Netwo...
- Regional Sales Executives Jobs...
- Web Content & Social Media...
- Sacco Accounts Assistant Job i...
- Co-op Bank Relationship Manage...
- Executive Assistant Job in Ken...
- WEMA Project Communications Of...
- AERC Senior Policy Analysts Jo...