A Kenyan NGO has two legal jobs in Kenya.
Legal Aid Assistant Positions (2)
Location: Nairobi and Naivasha
Our Kenyan client, a nongovernmental organization (NGO) whose major position is to promote and uphold women and girls in society through advocating for opportunities that explore their potentials is looking for suitable candidates to fill the jobs of a Legal Officer who will be reporting to the Legal Aid & Litigation Program Officer–
Legal Job Duties and Responsibilities
* Support in providing legal advice to clients who are women and girls survivors of Gender based violence
* Provide trainings on legal representation to clients who are women and girls survivors of Gender based violence
* Participate in preparation of pleadings, proofs of evidence and legal briefs
* Intervene and petition on behalf of the public in gender related issues.
* Take up public interest litigation cases for advocacy
* Develop and maintain partnerships with other NGO’s, Government departments and relevant bodies in gender related cases
* Offer Legal Aid to women survivors of violence and undertake legal research
* Undertaking any other duties appropriate as may be assigned from time to time
Minimum Legal qualifications
* Bachelor’s degree or Diploma in Law
* Advocate of the High court of Kenya added advantage
* Should have knowledge of program planning, designing, monitoring and evaluation
* Should have at least 2 years hands on experience in a similar position
* Must be 35 years of age and below
Legal Skills and Competencies
* Must possess strong writing skills, proficiency in computers, organizational skills and ability to manage multiple tasks.
* Self-motivated, extremely organized, and collegial and have the ability to function
* Must have proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, and Word), as well as impeccable field and internet –based research abilities.
* Strong interest in the area of women’s rights and a commitment to the empowerment of women.
* Good interpersonal skill, co-operative attitude, cultural sensitivity, and positive attitude to work.
To apply, send your CV ONLY to email@example.com before Friday 6th April 2012.
Clearly indicate the position applied for and the minimum salary expectation on the subject line.
Liked This Kenyan Job?