The Media Council of Kenya is an independent national institution established by the Media Act, 2007 as the leading institution in the regulation of media and in the conduct and discipline of journalists.
The Council seeks to fill the following vacant position:
Research and Media Monitoring Officer – MCK/VA/1
Overall Purpose of the Position
To supervise the Media Monitoring Unit of the Council in a manner that develops, maintains and continually improves the Council image and reputation to stakeholders and partners.
Formulate the monitoring programme of the Council and oversee its implementation
Supervise and train media monitors and interns and guide them to ensure strict adherence to the monitoring principles.
Design and implement qualitative and quantitative monitoring tools for the assessment of the performance of Kenyan media
Generate reliable and timely monitoring reports and data for the Media Resource Centre
Coordinate the writing and production of the annual State of the Media Report
Work closely with the Programmes Manager in the maintenance of an efficient and effective monitoring unit
Schedule monitoring activities and assignments in a manner that ensures adequate control and cost effectiveness in the use of materials and facilities.
Masters Degree from an accredited institution in Communications or Journalism
Good research skills (qualitative and quantitative media analysis)
Skills and experience in ICT- based applications; advanced proficiency in SPSS and Microsoft Excel
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Minimum 3 years’ experience in Media Monitoring / Media Research
Post graduate qualification in project management and proposal writing an added advantage
The position is on a two (2) years renewable contract.
Applicants meeting above qualifications should send their applications giving full details of their age, qualifications, experience, present and expected remuneration, full contact address including daytime telephone number, detailed C.V, copies of certificates and testimonials and contact details of three referees.
Applications should indicate position applied for including the reference number and addressed to:
The Executive Director
Media Council of Kenya
P.O. Box 43132- 00100,
Applications can also be sent via E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Hand deliver applications to:
Media Council of Kenya,
Ground Floor, British American Insurance Co. Centre
at Mara/Ragati Road Junction in Upper Hill.
So as to reach not later than 17thAugust 2012.
NB: Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted and canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
Register your CV with Us For Free.
- Latest Jobs in Kenya
- WEMA Project Communications Officer Job in Kenya
- AERC Senior Policy Analysts Jobs in Kenya
- Samburu County Chief Officers, Administrators, Treasury, Supply, Revenue Officer Jobs in Kenya
- Motor Vehicle / Motor Cycle Corporate Sales Officer Job in Kenya (KShs 80K – 90K)
- Marketing Assistant Career Opportunity in Arusha, Tanzania
- Regional Sales Manager Career Opportunity in Kenya
- Business Development Manager, Bank Branch Managers, and Electrical Sales Representative Jobs in Kenya
- Marie Stopes Anaesthetist Job in Nairobi, Kenya
- Faulu Kenya Risk Manager Job in Nairobi
- Faulu Kenya Banking Operations Supervisor Job in Nairobi
- Industrial Relations (IR) Officer Job in Nakuru, Kenya
- Food and Beverage Supervisor Job in Kenya (KShs 25K)
- UNICEF Somalia Logistics Officer (Monitoring and VISION Support) Job in Nairobi Kenya (6 Months)
- World Agroforestry Centre HR Officer (Recruitment) Job in Nairobi Kenya
- World Agroforestry Centre HR Officer (Compensation and Benefits) Job in Nairobi Kenya
- World Agroforestry Centre HR Specialist (Recruitment & Insurances) Job in Nairobi, Kenya
- World Agroforestry Centre HR Officer (Contract Management) Job in Nairobi, Kenya
- German Agro Action / Welthungerhilfe Deputy Country Representative Job in Nairobi Kenya
- International HIV/AIDS Alliance Technical Support Officer Job in Nairobi Kenya
- Sales Consultant Job in Kenya
- Pigiame Listing Scout Job in Nairobi Kenya
- Beach Resort Front Desk Receptionist Job in Mombasa Kenya
- Dispatch Manager Job in Nairobi Kenya
- Supervisor (Motorcycle Assembly Division) Job in Nairobi Kenya
- ICT Sales Executive Job in Kenya
Leave a Reply
- Accounting Jobs in Kenya
- Administrative Jobs in Kenya
- Advertising Jobs in Kenya
- Agricultural Jobs in Kenya
- Art Jobs in Kenya
- Aviation Jobs in Kenya
- Consultancy Jobs in Kenya
- Education Jobs in Kenya
- Engineering Jobs in Kenya
- Executive Jobs in Kenya
- Finance Jobs Kenya
- Government Jobs in Kenya
- Graduate Jobs in Kenya
- Graduate Jobs Kenya
- Healthcare Jobs in Kenya
- IT Jobs in Kenya
- Jobs in Nairobi
- Legal Jobs in Kenya
- Logistics Jobs in Kenya
- Management Jobs in Kenya
- Marketing Jobs in Kenya
- Media Jobs in Kenya
- Oil And Gas Jobs In Kenya
- Real Estate Jobs in Kenya
- Sales Jobs in Kenya
- Telecommunication Jobs in Kenya
- Iconet Solutions Accountant Jo...
- Nairobi Women’s Hospital Man...
- Site Coordinators (Training) J...
- All About Maina Kageni. His Li...
- Sales Executive Job in Kenya (...
- ICC Ruling On Kenyan Case. Le...
- Warehouse Supervisor Job in Ke...
- Mercy Corps Community Liaison ...
- Water Meter Readers Job in Dad...
- IT Jobs in Kenya
- WEMA Project Communications Of...
- AERC Senior Policy Analysts Jo...
- Samburu County Chief Officers,...
- Motor Vehicle / Motor Cycle Co...
- Retail Sales Executive Career ...
- Marketing Assistant Career Opp...
- Regional Sales Manager Career ...
- Business Development Manager, ...
- Marie Stopes Anaesthetist Job ...
- Faulu Kenya Risk Manager Job i...
- Faulu Kenya Banking Operations...
- Brade Gate Poultry Sales and M...