- Use the Operations Manual as a basis for setting up Think Tank systems, including financial, communication, and procurement
- Work closely with USIU and Mercy Corps staff to organize events seamlessly
- Updates website with relevant research, events, and related information
- With the Executive Director and USIU develop and implement a plan so that the Think Tank’s operations are shifted from MC to a youth-led, managed and organized entity.
- Identify key topics for youth-led research, in consultation with Think Tank Board of Directors, International Advisory Board and NYBA Advisory Committee.
- Draft and release RFAs for research grants in all regions
- Organize review committees based on the Operations Manual to select grant applicants
- Ensure awardees meet grant obligations on time and are financially compliant
- Organize seminars and talks at USIU and other venues on research that is relevant to youth policy
- Organize policy discussions/forums/town halls at the Regional and County level
- Work with Leadership Manager to help youth bunges organize advocacy campaigns
- Organize events with Leadership Manager between youth bunges and relevant legislators and Ministries.
- Maintain communication with the NYBA advisory board and CountyBunges
- Work with the Technology Team, to send SMS blasts to youth bunges on recent reports
- Work with the Communications Manager to release policy briefs to relevant news outlets
- Keep website up-to-date with relevant research, policy briefs and events
- Experience conducting youth research in Kenya
- Experience with various research approaches (including quantitative, qualitative and participatory)
- Experience working with multiple stakeholders, including universities and government
- Advanced degree from a recognized college or university in social science. Each additional year of approved formal education may be substituted for one year of required work experience.
- Experience balancing multiple projects and deadlines.
- Experience influencing public policy
- Excellent event planning skills
- Demonstrated experience and skill in information analysis and writing comprehensive and high quality studies
- Familiarity with and a supportive attitude towards increasing youth voice in policy making
- Prior project management experience and strong organizational skills
- Excellent oral and written English skills
- At least 7 years of experience in research and working with multiple stakeholders, including universities and government
or copy the link