Our present donor portfolio includes the WHO and UNICEF. Mulrany International is an exciting, dynamic organization experiencing managed rapid growth. It offers sound employment conditions with opportunities for personal growth and development.
The Finance Assistant will provide support to all field programs from the Nairobi office and will ensure that work is performed in accordance with Mulrany’s processes and procedures, while referring to the Head of Office for guidance as required.
The Finance assistant position will be a full-time member of the Mulrany staff, working with the teams in HQ, country offices and the field.
Specific Roles and Responsibilities
- Ensure proper management of petty cash;
- Process and make payments as provided in the approved budgets;
- Carry out reconciliations of cash and bank balances on a regular basis;
- Prepare schedule of payments of utilities, statutory deduction and ensure timely payment of the same; • Ensure the timely transfer of all field fund requests;
- Ensure the timely preparation of all advances including travel and other advances, and provide monthly updates of any outstanding advances to the Head of Office;
- Ensure the maintenance of an efficient, proper, and transparent financial filing system for the department and the organization in accordance with the organizational guidelines; and
- Perform any other duty as may be assigned by the Finance Officer.
- Professional accounting qualification (CPA-K, ACCA) or Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- Working knowledge of QuickBooks and MS Office
- At least 6months of professional experience with an NGO
- Knowledge and experience in using accounting software (QuickBooks) and MS Office
- Ability to work with tight deadlines and handle multiple concurrent activities
- Excellent in written and spoken English.
- Ability to work well in a team
- Ability to handle pressures and meet deadlines
- Willingness to learn
How to apply:
Applications should be submitted by May 11, 2012. The selection committee will review all applications as they arrive.
All applicants must meet the minimum requirements described above, and those unable to meet these requirements will not be considered. Mulrany International is an equal opportunity employer.
Each application package should include the following:
- Cover letter with the applicant’s current contact information;
- Résumé (including detailed work experience, education/degrees); and
- References (minimum of three, with complete contact information).
or copy the link