Contract type: Open-ended
Level: OI CD Level 1
Salary Range: USD. 55,900 – 70,720 net (take home pay) Oxfam will meet the tax and social security liabilities of the post holder, in relation to Oxfam’s employment.
Benefits: Globally competitive benefits.
We are looking for an exceptional, strategic leader with a passion for Oxfam’s work to head Oxfam International’s large and complex programme in the South Sudan.
Oxfam has had a long history in South Sudan through its various affiliates. Working through an operational presence and indirectly through partners, the affiliates are now working in seven of the country’s ten states.
Sectors covered include humanitarian preparedness and response, education, public health (WASH), food security and livelihoods, finance and skills transfer for small businesses, and strengthening civil society.
Gender is mainstreamed through programmes and women are the target of a number of the programmes under implementation.
The various affiliates work together towards a commonly agreed strategy and are represented by an Oxfam International Country Director, supported by Associate Country Directors.
Oxfam GB has been selected as the managing affiliate in Sudan whereas Oxfam Novib and Oxfam Intermon are implementing affiliates Oxfam is therefore seeking a Country Director to lead, develop, and represent the Oxfam family in South Sudan.
Reporting to the Deputy Regional Director in Nairobi, you will – together with the two Associate Country Directors– lead, develop and represent Oxfam International’s programme in the South Sudan.
You will be accountable to a regional governance board of Oxfam International for the implementation of the agreed common country strategy (app. GBP. 10.8m.
You will chair the Oxfam International Country Leadership team, and ensure a constructive and productive working relationship amongst the Oxfam affiliates.
You will look for ways to cooperate more closely in the Oxfam family, realise cost efficiencies, a common monitoring and evaluation system, as well as a common funding strategy, and you will make sure you are respectful of different affiliates’ cultures and history.
In addition, while the two other affiliates will continue to manage their country programmes in accordance with the common strategy, you will have direct line responsibility for the management, development, and implementation of Oxfam GB’s part of the programme.
You will ensure that appropriate systems are in place to manage the significant security, brand, financial, and administrative risk in South Sudan.
You will ensure good relations with donors and will represent Oxfam at high level towards government, UN specialised agencies, other NGOs, as well as local partners and the media.
You are an exceptional leader committed to Oxfam values and to the success of the Oxfam International
Your outstanding analytical skills enable you to constantly adapt to an ever-changing context.
You have proven strategic and operational capacities in highly complex environments.
You have worked at least seven years in developing countries and have assumed, at least during two years, senior management functions.
You can demonstrate very strong people management skills and an interest in staff health and safety, as well as national staff development.
You are used to multi-cultural environments and have a strong commitment to issues such as gender and HIV/AIDS.
You are not foreign to distance management, and you have the necessary diplomatic skills to facilitate a good working relationship within the Oxfam family.
You are highly creative and adaptable.
You are a self-starter and a fast-learner.
You can also communicate in English with a wide range of audiences.
Previous experience in South Sudan context would be appreciated.
This is a highly challenging opportunity for a dedicated and highly motivated professional, with a strong commitment to Oxfam’s values and beliefs.
If you believe you are the candidate we are looking for, please submit your application online at www.oxfam.org.uk/jobs using REF 5562.
The closing date: 23 July 2012.
We are committed to ensuring diversity and gender equality within our organization.
Register your CV with Us For Free.
- Latest Jobs in Kenya
- Regional Sales Executives Jobs in Kenya (Nyanza, Rift Valley and Coast)
- Web Content & Social Media Editor Job in Kenya
- Co-op Bank Relationship Manager Job in Kenya
- Executive Assistant Job in Kenya
- WEMA Project Communications Officer Job in Kenya
- AERC Senior Policy Analysts Jobs in Kenya
- Samburu County Chief Officers, Administrators, Treasury, Supply, Revenue Officer Jobs in Kenya
- Motor Vehicle / Motor Cycle Corporate Sales Officer Job in Kenya (KShs 80K – 90K)
- Marketing Assistant Career Opportunity in Arusha, Tanzania
- Regional Sales Manager Career Opportunity in Kenya
- Business Development Manager, Bank Branch Managers, and Electrical Sales Representative Jobs in Kenya
- Marie Stopes Anaesthetist Job in Nairobi, Kenya
- Faulu Kenya Risk Manager Job in Nairobi
- Faulu Kenya Banking Operations Supervisor Job in Nairobi
- Industrial Relations (IR) Officer Job in Nakuru, Kenya
- Food and Beverage Supervisor Job in Kenya (KShs 25K)
- UNICEF Somalia Logistics Officer (Monitoring and VISION Support) Job in Nairobi Kenya (6 Months)
- World Agroforestry Centre HR Officer (Recruitment) Job in Nairobi Kenya
- World Agroforestry Centre HR Officer (Compensation and Benefits) Job in Nairobi Kenya
- World Agroforestry Centre HR Specialist (Recruitment & Insurances) Job in Nairobi, Kenya
- World Agroforestry Centre HR Officer (Contract Management) Job in Nairobi, Kenya
- German Agro Action / Welthungerhilfe Deputy Country Representative Job in Nairobi Kenya
- International HIV/AIDS Alliance Technical Support Officer Job in Nairobi Kenya
- Sales Consultant Job in Kenya
- Pigiame Listing Scout Job in Nairobi Kenya
Leave a Reply
- Accounting Jobs in Kenya
- Administrative Jobs in Kenya
- Advertising Jobs in Kenya
- Agricultural Jobs in Kenya
- Art Jobs in Kenya
- Aviation Jobs in Kenya
- Consultancy Jobs in Kenya
- Education Jobs in Kenya
- Engineering Jobs in Kenya
- Executive Jobs in Kenya
- Finance Jobs Kenya
- Government Jobs in Kenya
- Graduate Jobs in Kenya
- Graduate Jobs Kenya
- Healthcare Jobs in Kenya
- IT Jobs in Kenya
- Jobs in Nairobi
- Legal Jobs in Kenya
- Logistics Jobs in Kenya
- Management Jobs in Kenya
- Marketing Jobs in Kenya
- Media Jobs in Kenya
- Oil And Gas Jobs In Kenya
- Real Estate Jobs in Kenya
- Sales Jobs in Kenya
- Telecommunication Jobs in Kenya
- Iconet Solutions Accountant Jo...
- Nairobi Women’s Hospital Man...
- Site Coordinators (Training) J...
- All About Maina Kageni. His Li...
- Sales Executive Job in Kenya (...
- ICC Ruling On Kenyan Case. Le...
- Warehouse Supervisor Job in Ke...
- Mercy Corps Community Liaison ...
- Water Meter Readers Job in Dad...
- IT Jobs in Kenya
- Safaricom Limited Senior Netwo...
- Regional Sales Executives Jobs...
- Web Content & Social Media...
- Sacco Accounts Assistant Job i...
- Co-op Bank Relationship Manage...
- Executive Assistant Job in Ken...
- WEMA Project Communications Of...
- AERC Senior Policy Analysts Jo...
- Samburu County Chief Officers,...
- Motor Vehicle / Motor Cycle Co...
- Retail Sales Executive Career ...
- Marketing Assistant Career Opp...