Procurement and Logistics Assistant at International Organization for Migration (IOM) in Dadaab – Kenya Jobs, Careers and Vacancies
Vacancy No.: IOMKE/037/12
PROCUREMENT AND LOGISTICS ASSISTANT
Classification: Equivalent to G5/1 (based on the UN Salary Scale for the General Service Staff in Kenya)
Type of Appointment: 6 months special all inclusive contract, renewable
Under the overall supervision of the Head of Sub-Office Dadaab and under the technical supervision of the Procurement and Logistics Officer in Nairobi, the incumbent will perform routine administrative functions in the area of procurement, logistics and common services for IOM Dadaab.
- Receive all procurement and supply requisitions in relation to the shelter project and make sure all are endorsed prior to procuring.
- Solicit for offers and quotations, and prepare Bids analysis accordingly.
- Share and advice the project manager and supervisors on offers collected and best goods/services to be procured.
- Ensure all purchases are performed according to IOM procurement rules.
- Prepare Purchase orders/ contracts and ensure all approvals are obtained, deliver the Purchase orders to the suppliers and obtain their signatures on the same.
- Follow up with suppliers and ensure timely and proper delivery of the Goods/ Services.
- Coordinate with the receiving unit on Goods/Services to be received and obtain the satisfactory delivery notes and invoices from the receiving unit. Follow- up and ensure timely delivery of requested supplies and materials and keep the concerned project staff informed on the status of the delivery.
- Conduct first review of vendor invoices to ensure compliance with order and goods received.
- Prepare Payment requests and ensure timely payment to suppliers/ service providers.
- Prepare contracts for Purchase of goods/ services including rent of property, and make sure timely payment is processed.
- Maintain proper and updated data base of contracts.
- Conduct and follow up the office needs of stock, expendables, services and share the same with the Procurement & Logistics Assistant I Dadaab.
- Provide full logistical support for delivery and construction activities related to IOM’s shelter project including transport to and from Nairobi.
- Ensure appropriate records regarding assets disposal; ensure assets are located accordingly and used in IOM’s best interest.
- Maintain proper filing system for all procurement documents.
- Perform any other duties as may be required from time to time.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Purchasing and Supplies, Business Administration, or related field from an accredited academic institution.
- At least five years professional experience in the field of procurement and logistics.
- Working knowledge in international procurement a must.
Desirable IOM Competencies:-
- Behavioural – Accountability, Client Orientation, Continuous Learning, Communication, Creativity and Initiative, Leadership and Negotiation, Performance Management, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Teamwork, Technological Awareness and Resource Mobilization.
- Technical – Delivers on set objectives in hardship situations, effectively coordinates actions with other implementing partners, works effectively with local authorities, stakeholders, beneficiaries, and the broader community to advance country office or regional objectives.
- Previous experience with UN and International Agencies, or NGO’s an advantage
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Outlook.
- Excellent command of spoken and written English and Swahili. Knowledge of Somali is an advantage
Mode of Application:
Submit Cover Letter and CV including daytime telephone and email address to:
International Organization for Migration (IOM),
Human Resources Department,
PO Box 55040-00200 Nairobi
or send by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
or hand deliver them to the IOM Sub Office, Dadaab.
Closing Date: 10 May 2012