Procurement Assistant at San Valencia in Nairobi – Kenya Jobs, Careers and Vacancies
San Valencia Ltd, a leading player in the hospitality industry, would like to fill the position of Procurement assistant.
Duties and responsibilities
- Assists in the preparation of Request for Quotation (RFQ) and purchase orders.
- Issuing and receiving of gods in stores.
- Processing orders for goods and services.
- Liaising with internal customers with regard to their requisitions for supply of goods and services.
- Tracking orders made to ensure timely receipt of the same.
- Recording all purchase transactions and updating purchase records on the online system.
- Assisting in preparation of procurement plans.
- Maintaining the suppliers register and participating in month end inventories.
- Demonstrable experience in the use of inventory management software.
- Assists in maintaining and managing good supplier relationships.
- Assists in market surveys for the latest market price trends and conditions.
- Assists in ensuring that accurate procurement records are maintained, including all actions and documents for Safeguards the integrity of procurement documents, upholding confidentiality and privacy in the course of duty.
- Follow up, preparing and availing reports on pending purchase orders/activities on demand.
- Assisting in the disposal of idle assets.
- Coordinate the receiving and inspection of goods and services and dispatching them to the relevant destinations.
- Assists in handling supplier payment documents in liaison with stores and Accounts.
- Performing any other delegated assignments as required.
Skills, Experience and Academic Qualifications
- A Diploma (CIPS) in Supplies Management or its equivalent qualification from a recognized Institution.
- A degree in a relevant field will be an added advantage.
- At least one year post qualification continuous experience in similar role.
- Be computer literate especially Microsoft word and spreadsheet.
- Be conversant with the Public Procurement Act and Regulations.
- Good report writing and presentation skills
- Excellent interpersonal communication and people management skills
- Flexibility and adaptability with a high degree of integrity
- Excellent computer skills in various computer packages
- Ability and readiness to work under pressure for and work long/odd hours
- Ability to build and maintain positive working relationships with colleagues, service providers and suppliers and other stakeholders.
How to Apply
Send your application clearly indicating the position, together with a detailed CV, daytime contact, an email address to email@example.com to reach us on or before close of day on 19th April 2012 .
Late Applications will not be accepted.
Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted and should be available on short notice.