Procurement Officer at Fairmont The Norfolk Hotel in Nairobi – Kenya Jobs, Careers and Vacancies
The Purchasing Officer will be based at Fairmont The Norfolk. He/ she is responsible for negotiating, acquiring, and documenting all purchases as authorized by the General Manager and Controller, he/she must ensure that all hotel goods are properly received, stored, and issued and the Purchasing Officer must work closely and effectively with all the department heads.
Fairmont The Norfolk Hotel has played a leading role in Kenya’s colorful history, and continues to be Nairobi’s finest and best-known luxury hotel. The town and later the modern city of Nairobi grew up around Fairmont The Norfolk hotel, which boasts 165 guest rooms and suites, and still has its own private tropical gardens. The hotel is still the traditional starting point for safaris and the Lord Delamere Terrace is modern Nairobi’s most famous meeting place, where drinks and light meals are served continuously from morning until midnight.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Group Financial Director, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Consistently offering professional, engaging and friendly service
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule in order to accomplish all major responsibilities and tasks.
- Must be able to maintain good relationship with all departments to promote effective purchasing.
- Must have a commitment to follow all local and corporate policies and procedures as they relate to Audits.
- Supervise, train and motivate Purchasing department employees and thoroughly understand all of their duties and responsibilities.
- Ensure that the department works closely with the Chef and the Restaurant Manager to purchase the highest quality product while constantly searching for the lowest price.
- Ensure that all purchase order requests are properly completed and approved before a purchase order is prepared and the items are purchased.
- Ensure that all items received by the hotel are properly documented in accordance with Fairmont Hotels & Resorts purchasing and receiving procedures.
- Negotiate food prices, place daily food orders based on requirements, and ensure prompt delivery as requested within the prescribed receiving hours.
- Place weekly liquor, beer and wine orders as required.
- Generate purchase orders (or equivalent) and obtain authorization from the Controller and General manager prior to processing these orders.
- Assist management with obtaining competitive price quotations and confirm purchase availabilities.
- Provide the Controller with a monthly summary of outstanding purchase orders for goods and services received, but not yet invoices, prior to month-end, as detailed in the Policy & Procedure Manual.
- Participate as required in the monthly or quarterly count of food and beverage inventories as well as with the quarterly count of operating equipment, according to company policy.
- Ensure that there are sufficient expendable operating supplies on hand for each department by coordinating regular inventories with the storeroom personnel and /or department heads.
- Distribute a copy of the purchase orders to the receiving department, if this process is not electronic, to ensure accurate receiving and distribution of goods.
- Assist the Accounts Payable Clerk in researching any discrepancies on invoices.
- Establish and maintain par stocks on all inventoried items, keeping in mind that inventory levels must be kept as low as possible without compromising the efficiency of the hotel.
- Coordinate the corporate annual operating equipment and supply requirements with the corporate Purchasing Department and the appropriate hotel department heads.
- Take appropriate personnel related action (i.e., hire, commend, discipline, evaluate, etc.,) with Purchasing staff as required.
- Conduct frequent quality control audits to ensure staff is properly trained and following established procedures.
- Coordinate and participate as necessary in all month-end or quarterly inventories of food, beverage, operating equipment and supplies.
- Atleast 4years experience in a similar role is an asset
- A diploma/degree in Purchasing or Supplies management
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
Constant standing and walking throughout shift
Visa Requirements: Candidate must be a Kenyan citizen
Whether you’re launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit www.fairmontcareers.com to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
Click here to Apply http://bit.ly/L9MVPx
About Fairmont Hotels & Resorts
At Fairmont Hotels & Resort we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That’s why you’ll find exceptional work opportunities – throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific – as well as industry – leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London’s The Savoy, New York’s The Plaza, and Shanghai’s Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award – winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
Job Level: Manager/Supervisor
Shift: Day Job
Closing Date: 05.Aug.2012, 11:59:59 PM
Job Number: NRF00008