Production Engineer at Embu water and sanitation Company Ltd in Embu – Kenya Jobs, Careers and Vacancies
Embu Water and Sanitation Company is a water service provider company fully owned by the Embu Municipal Council and an agent of Tana Water Services Board, mandated to provide water services within Embu Municipality and its environs in Embu County. The Board of Directors comprises representatives of stakeholders identified by Tana Water Services Board and the Municipal Council of Embu in accordance with the Water Sector Corporate Governance Guidelines issued by the Water Services Regulatory Board.
The Board of the company has vacancies for representatives of the following stakeholders:
- One (1) Director from Business community nominated by a registered organization.
- Two (2) Directors from Religious organizations nominated by a main registered Christian/Muslim Organization.
- One (1) Director nominated by Registered Women Organizations.
This is therefore to invite applications from nominees of the above stakeholders. The applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be literate and numerate to at least O level.
- Demonstrated experience and acumen in business or any profession for at least 7 years.
- Demonstrated participation in local development initiatives.
- Experience as a change management agent.
- Suppliers and other trading associates of the company are not eligible for directorship positions of the company.
The applications should be addressed to the Selection Committee in sealed envelopes marked “APPLICATION FOR DIRECTORSHIP IN EWASCO” at the address below on or before 6th August 2012 at 12.00 noon.
Applications for the following vacancies should be submitted by 17th august 2012, with the post applied for indicated on the envelope:
- Overseeing the overall production process and developing up a production schedule
- Ensuring a cost effective production
- Human and material resources planning
- Ensuring adequate quantity and quality of water through setting of standards
- Monitoring the production process and adjusting where necessary
- Liaising among sections
- Ensuring health and safety guidelines
- Supervising subordinates
- Reviewing performance of subordinates
- Any other duties that may be allocated from time to time
- B.Sc. in Civil Engineering or equivalent from a reputable university
- Three years experience in Water Production or management of a water supply system.
Send your application to:
The Chief Executive Officer,
Embu water and sanitation Company Ltd.
Off Embu-Meru Road,
Along Mutero Road Next to Kenya National Library
P. O. Box 1242-60100, Embu