Program Assistant at World Bank/Water and Sanitation Program in Nairobi – Kenya Jobs, Careers and Vacancies
(2 year Local Coterminous Appointment)
The Water and Sanitation Program seeks to locally recruit a dynamic staff as a Program Assistant to be based in Nairobi, Kenya. This is a two (2) year coterminous local Appointment (subject to renewal depending on funding, performance and business need). The Water and Sanitation Program (www.wsp.org) is a multi-donor partnership administered by the World Bank to support poor people in obtaining affordable, safe, and sustainable access to water and sanitation services. WSP operates in Africa, East Asia, Latin America, and South Asia. The WSP Africa (WSP-AF) regional office is based in Nairobi.
The Program Assistant will provide bilingual support to the office of the Principal Regional Team Leader.
The Program Assistant will be responsible for the following:
- Serve as a first contact point (bilingual) to the office of the Principal Regional Team Leader for both staff and external clients;
- Manage the schedule of the Principal Regional Team Leader, including effective prioritizing and resolving time conflicts and competing demands;
- Assume primary responsibility for coordinating workflow of administrative staff; supervise the Administrative staff including coaching, mentoring and evaluating the staff;
- Coordinate closely with the Principal Regional Team Leader on a range of human resource issues including recruitment of Administrative staff /temporaries, including back up for leave and time recording;
- Play a lead role in organizing corporate events emanating from the office of the Principal Regional Team Leader such as national, regional and international meetings;
- Travel, as needed, both nationally and internationally, on official business.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree and/or College Diploma preferably in Business Administration or any other related field;
- At least seven years of relevant experience in related positions demonstrating increasing levels of ok training and mentoring, promoting excellence and managing conflicts;
- Proven skills in planning, prioritizing and coordinating work with personal maturity and sound judgment;
- Ability to work in multidisciplinary team, and to work effectively with various country offices;
- Ability to carry through initiatives independently;
- Full written and spoken fluency in English and French.
For the full position description and complete selection criteria, qualified candidates are requested to visit and submit an on-line application at www.worldbank.org/careers click on >employment opportunities >administrative and client support opportunities >current vacancies > job# 112238.
The World Bank Group is committed to achieving diversity in terms of gender, nationality, culture and educational background.
Individuals with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Closing date is December 04,2011.