Tanzania Alliance for Biodiversity (TABIO)
Title: Programme Coordinator:
Duration: 2 years renewable contract
Duty station: Dar es salaam, Tanzania
Tanzania Alliance for Biodiversity is an alliance of civil society and private sector organizations concerned with the conservation of agricultural biodiversity for livelihood security and food
sovereignty. TABIO was formed in May 2011 in response to the announcement of intention to introduce genetically modified organisms (GMOs) to Tanzania.
The members of the alliance share the aims of conserving biodiversity and supporting sustainable development, promoting farmers’ self-determination and food sovereignty, facilitating exchange of information and experiences concerning sustainable and healthy agriculture policies and practices, ensuring public awareness on issues of concern to the environment, agriculture and biodiversity, and promoting citizen involvement in the decision-making processes which guide the development of biotechnology particularly GMO.
TABIO is currently looking for a dynamic and knowledgeable TABIO Programme Coordinator to enhance the impact of our work.
Key tasks of the Coordinator will include:
• Reviewing and updating the action plan, and working with alliance members to develop the aims, objectives, activities, setting responsibilities, defining timescales and budgets;
• Driving the implementation of the action plan;
• Monitoring and regularly reporting progress towards the achievement of the results and objectives;
• Organising members’ meetings, informing members, drafting agendas, recording and circulating minutes etc.
• Being the first point of contact for the alliance, providing information, responding to enquiries;
• Maintaining the database of members, stakeholders, press and other contacts, and for maintaining and updating the TABIO website http://envaya.org/TABIO and the TABIO facebook page http://www.facebook.com/pages/Tanzania-Alliance-for-Biodiversity/216280335064601
• Strengthening the alliance, recruiting new members and encouraging participation of existing members;
• Gathering and sharing relevant information with stakeholders;
To be successful to this post you will have strong knowledge, competence and experience on programme management, good interpersonal and communication skills and fund raising skills. You will also have good conceptual and analytical skills, be culturally and politically sensitive with the ability to solve complex problems as well as influence policy and policy practice of the key stakeholders. Fluency in written and spoken English and Kiswahili
Mode of application
If you believe you are the candidate we are looking for, please submit your application and CV in English detailing your experience to the post and include your daytime telephone contacts. Send your application by email to email@example.com. The closing date for this application is July 13, 2012.
Currently the members of TABIO are ActionAid International Tanzania, African Biodiversity Network (Kenya), African Centre for Biosafety (South Africa), Biolands, BioRe, BioSustain, CVM/APA (Comunità Volontari per il Mondo / AIDS partnership with Africa),Envirocare, ESAFF, MVIWATA, PELUM, Sustainable Agriculture Tanzania, Swissaid,TANCERT, Tanzania Organic Agriculture Movement and Tushiriki.