Public Relations & Communications Officer at Kenya Red Cross Society in Nairobi – Kenya Jobs, Careers and Vacancies
Kenya Red Cross Society is one of the largest humanitarian organisations in Kenya. Its vision is to be the most effective, most trusted and self-sustaining humanitarian organisation in Kenya. The Society is looking for qualified persons to fill the following positions:
PUBLIC RELATIONS AND COMMUNICATIONS OFFICER
Reporting to: Public Relations & Communications Manager
Job Location: Headquarters
Responsible to the Public Relations and Communications Manager for the effective design, development, implementation and evaluation of Public Relations & Communications strategies aimed at promoting and enhancing the Society’s image in order to create goodwill and build credibility. Other responsibilities include monitoring the implementation of humanitarian services to identify, capture and document, innovative approaches and best practices for purposes of dissemination and sharing experiences, to promote repeat applications or for scaling-up in different community settings.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Plan and develop information and publicity materials and implement activities designed to improve understanding and acceptance of the Society’s policies, objectives, strategies and humanitarian services.
- Gather, edit and package communication materials and other publications including publicity materials, posters, fact-sheets, speeches, PowerPoint presentations, brochures, internet web pages and other publications for employees, communities, stakeholders and the general public.
- Organise and implement press conferences, photo sessions and media events to promote issues of concern designed to improve the understanding and acceptance of the Society’s mandate, policies, objectives, strategies and services.
- Coordinate public appearances, presentations, lectures, workshops, conferences, contests, exhibitions or special events for promoting community development awareness and enhancement of the image and reputation of KRCS.
- Coordinate effective utilisation and maintenance of multi-media equipment, scripting and directing video production.
- Support the effective implementation of the Society’s Public Relations and Communications Policy.
- Ensure proper filing of documents and materials.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mass Communications, Journalism or equivalent qualifications plus membership to a professional Public Relations and Communication body.
- Over five (5) years demonstrated experience in developing and implementing Corporate Communications programmes in line with strategic objectives.
- Proven skills in Desktop Publishing with a bias in InDesign.
Applications must contain:
Letter of application, curriculum vitae, copies of relevant certificates, address and contacts of two referees.
Application for Multi Media Assistant should contain a DVD on a production that the applicant has been involved in.
All applications should be sent to:
The Secretary General
Kenya Red Cross Society
P. O. Box 40712-00100
So as to reach him not later than Friday, 21st July 2012.