The restaurant Manager will be responsible for managing the daily operations of the Club/Restaurant. Oversee the inventory and ordering of food and supplies, optimize profits and ensure that customers are satisfied with Entertainment and service experience as well as maintaining staff discipline and ensures harmonious working environment.
• Oversee and manage all areas of the Club/Restaurant and make final decisions on important matters.
• Responsible for ensuring that all financial and personnel/payroll related administrative duties are completed in accordance with company policies and procedures.
• Ensure compliance with operational standards, company policies and legal requirements.
• Responsible for ensuring consistent high quality of food preparation and service.
• Food and beverage costing, working with accountant/office administrator and F&B control staff for efficient provision and control of stocks.
• Ensure quality customer service in all areas. Investigate and resolve complaints concerning food quality and service.
• Ensure that proper security procedures are in place to protect employees, customers and company assets.
• Maintain an accurate and up-to-date plan of restaurant staffing needs and work programme.
• Manage shifts which include: providing direction to employees on operational issues, daily decision making, scheduling, planning while upholding standards, product quality and cleanliness.
• Oversee the recruitment process for casual employees and liaise with Directors for the hiring, supervision, development and, when necessary discipline of employees.
• To conduct employee orientation, oversee the training and performance reviews.
Qualification and experience
• Minimum education least KCSE and an Advanced F&B Service certificate and at least 2 years experience in a similar position is required.
• Knowledge of computers in MS Office.
• Proficient in the following dimensions of restaurant functions: food planning and preparation, purchasing, sanitation, security, company policies and procedures, personnel management, recordkeeping, and preparation of reports.
• Self-discipline, initiative, and leadership ability. A drive for quality customer service with a pleasant, courteous manner and neat and clean appearance.
• Ability to motivate employees to work as a team to ensure that food and service meet appropriate standards.
• Must possess good communication skills for dealing with diverse staff.
How to apply:
Send your application including a cover letter indicating your desire to work with our client; a detailed CV highlighting relevant experience, details of current and expected salary, a daytime phone contact, email address, and the names of three professional referees by close of business Friday 20th July 2012.
P O Box 6416, Nairobi, GPO 00100
Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Please note that we do not charge fees for receiving or processing job applications. Visit our website for more vacancies.