Senior Analyst, Macroeconomics and Public Finance at The Commission on Revenue Allocation in Nairobi – Kenya Jobs, Careers and Vacancies
The Commission on Revenue Allocation (CRA) is an independent commission set up under Article 215 of the Constitution of Kenya. Its core mandate is to recommend the basis for equitable sharing of revenues raise nationally between the National and County Governments; sharing of revenue among the County Governments and make recommendations on other matters concerning the financing of, and financial management by county governments. The Commission seeks to recruit qualified and competent staff to fill the following vacant positions.
SENIOR ANALYST, MACROECONOMICS AND PUBLIC FINANCE
The successful candidate will be in charge of the macroeconomics and public finance division, which covers both policy analysis and econometrics/modeling sections. The Senior Analyst will monitor developments at the macro economy and their impact on CRA’s constitutional mandate. She/he is also expected to work with other institutions dealing with macroeconomic management, develops a suite of models for policy simulation and forecasting, and conducts research on thematic areas.
- Day-to-day running and management of the division (macroeconomics)
- Work with the director in running the department
- Develop a suite-of-models for policy simulation and forecasting
- Conduct policy analyses on macroeconomic management, debt policy etc.
- Monitor and report on national and county economic developments
- Conduct research to inform decision making and publish in appropriate media-refereed journals, Staff working papers, etc.
- Collaborate with partner institutions in generating objective policy research
- Work jointly with the statistics division to update CRA’s socio-economic database
- Perform capacity building and mentoring of junior staff within the division
Required Education, Skills and Experience:
- Master’s degree in economics or any related field from a reputable university
- A minimum of seven (7) years of relevant progressive experience in policy analysis and economic modeling
- At least three (3) years of work experience in a supervisory position
- A good research publications record
- A good understanding of econometrics theory and ability to use standard econometrics software to conduct research and modeling such as Eviews, Stata/SPSS, RATS and CATS.
All applicants to the above positions should possess the following general competencies:
- He/she must be a person of integrity, demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills and be a team player;
- Strong managerial skills, including motivating, developing, coaching and leading teams;
- Demonstrated high ethical standards;
- Competent and organized;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Excellent knowledge of relevant computer software and applications and;
- Ability to work in a team-modulated and collaborative environment.
Terms and Conditions of Service
The successful candidates for the above positions will be offered a competitive remuneration package and will be appointed on three year contract term renewable on satisfactory performance.
If your training, experience and competence match or exceed any of the above minimum requirements, please send (2) separately secured copies of your application, a detailed upto-date curriculum vitae, indicating current remuneration, e-mail and telephone contacts, together with copies of certificates and testimonials.
You should also give the names of three referees who must be familiar with your previous work/academic experience indicating their telephone, postal and email addresses.
The application cover MUST clearly indicate the position being applied for.
Application should be addressed to the Commission Secretary, CRA and be sent by post or hand delivered to the Commission offices at 14 Riverside Drive by latest Friday 27th July, 2012 as follows:
APPLICATION FOR THE POSITION OF ___________ (insert appropriate position)
To The Commission Secretary
Commission on Revenue Allocation
14 Riverside Drive
P.O. Box 1310 – 00200
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
If you do not hear from us in the next three months from the date of this advertisement then consider your application unsuccessful.
The CRA is an equal opportunity, gender sensitive and compliant employer.