Senior Finance Officer at Caritas in Nairobi – Kenya Jobs, Careers and Vacancies
Caritas Switzerland and Caritas Luxembourg are non-governmental aid agencies and members of Caritas Internationalis. Caritas works worldwide and adheres to international humanitarian principles (NGO code of conduct). Caritas Switzerland and Caritas Luxembourg act in the frame of a MoU as a consortium in the Eastern Africa and the Horn of Africa. They operate a joint Liaison Office in Nairobi, have Country Offices in Somaliland (Hargeisa) and South Sudan (Torit) and a Representative in Ethiopia (Addis Ababa).
SENIOR FINANCE OFFICER
Reporting to: Finance & Administration Manager
Duration: 1 year (with possible extension)
Location: Nairobi with occasional travel to South Sudan and Somaliland
Key tasks & Responsibilities
- Ensure that financial systems and procedures are in place and followed in accordance with internal policies;
- Ensure the transactions are properly recorded and entered into the computerised accounting system;
- Establish, maintain and reconcile the general ledger;
- Ascertain the accuracy of the books of accounts in accordance with accepted accounting principles and donor requirements;
- Ensure that the various financial reports are produced and submitted on time;
- Assist with preparation of budgets;
- Produce monthly cash and bank reconciliation statements;
- Produce internal monthly financial reports for all projects and semi-annual consolidated reports; and
- Process the payroll for Nairobi office
Essential requirements & qualifications
- Advanced University degree in finance or business administration;
- Professional accountancy qualifications – CPA , ACCA;
- Experience in using Navision software;
8 At least 5 years work experience in a non-governmental, not-for-profit organisation;
- Ability to work under pressure, independently with limited supervision;
- Good oral and written communication skills;
- High levels of integrity, patience, cross-cultural adaptability and sensitivity; and
- Proficiency in computer for using MS-Office
Contract start 1st August 2012
Application If you feel you fit the required profile, please let us know how your qualifications, experience and career ambitions match the requirements of this position. Send your application latest by Sunday 24th June, 2012 to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating ‘Senior Finance Officer’ on the subject line.
Please provide a Curriculum Vitae (CV) that contains details of your qualifications, experience, present position, current remuneration, earliest date of availability, names and telephone contacts of three referees.
Further questions may be addressed to Caritas Switzerland/Luxembourg’s Finance & Administration Manager, Mr. Reuben Kamau (e-mail: email@example.com).
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted