Senior Supply Chain Officer at Kenyatta National Hospital in Nairobi – Kenya Jobs, Careers and Vacancies
Kenyatta National Hospital is a government state corporation whose vision is to be a world class referral hospital in the provision of innovative and specialized healthcare. The Hospital is currently undergoing a transformation process whose focus is on customer satisfaction. The hospital is seeking to recruit proactive, self-driven and results oriented professionals who will make a contribution to the transformation process. Applications are invited from qualified applicants to fill the following vacant positions.
Ref: HR/2012/21 – SENIOR SUPPLY CHAIN OFFICER – JOB GROUP K7 (3 POSTS)
Provision of timely availability of quality goods and services.
- To head one of the procurement, stock control and warehousing sections.
- Prepare timely and accurate reports.
- Ensure efficient management of supplies to the user departments.
- Ensure that goods procured by the Hospital meet tender specifications.
- Participate in the preparation of supplies expenditure estimates.
- Effective supervision, training and development of staff.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Commerce, Economics or Business Administration.
- Diploma in Supplies/logistics or CIPS final.
- Registration by the Kenya Institute of Supplies Management (KISM).
- Conversant with computer based inventory system.
- At least five (5) years’ experience in a large organisation.
- Master’s degree in procurement or business administration is an added advantage.
Desired Skills and Abilities for the advertised positions.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with ability to communicate to people of diverse backgrounds.
- Should be a team player with ability to fit and be part of a team
- Must have a strong commitment to the wellbeing of the patient.
- Must have good understanding of professional ethics and public service regulations.
- Must have high degree of integrity and dependability.
- Those in supervisory positions (K7 and above) must have proven experience in leading successful teams).
- Attention to details.
- Proficiency in MS Office packages and relevant software’s.
Basic salary for the positions range as follows:
- K7-KShs. 45,021 ? 2,251 – 47,272 ? 2,364 – 56,728 pm (Doctors / Dentists / Pharmacists)
- K7-KShs. 45,021 ? 2,251 – 47,272 ? 2,364 – 56,728 pm. (Other Staff).
Interested and qualified candidates are requested to submit their application together with up-to-date curriculum vitae, copies of testimonials and certificates, email and telephone contacts together with contact details of three referees who must be familiar with the candidate’s previous experience.
Applications should be submitted on or before 22nd March, 2012 to the address below.
The Chief Executive officer
Kenyatta National Hospital
P.O Box 20723-00202
Kenyatta National Hospital is an equal opportunity employer
NB: only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.