Storekeeper at International Organization for Migration (IOM) in Dadaab – Kenya Jobs, Careers and Vacancies
Vacancy No.: IOMKE/035/12
Classification: Equivalent to G2/1 (based on the UN Salary Scale for the General Service Staff in Kenya)
Type of Appointment: 6 months special all inclusive contract, renewable
Under the overall supervision of the Procurement and Logistics Officer and under the administrative supervision of the Head of Sub Office Dadaab and under the direct supervision of the Procurement and Logistical Assistant, Dadaab, the incumbent will be responsible for receipt of goods, verification, documentation and proper storage of IOM project assets.
- Receive/crosscheck all goods purchased for IOM and raise the Goods Received Note (GRN) against Purchase Order as evidence that goods have been delivered. All the GRN shall be crosschecked and approved by the Procurement and Logistics Assistant before the items are transferred to stores.
- Maintain all IOM stocks with the highest degree of care, integrity, and honesty and in the most transparent manner.
- Ensure goods/services received are of the right quality and that the quantity as described on the Purchase Order.
- Update Bin Cards on daily basis
- Handle all users requests and issue materials as per the agreed issuing schedule and procedures and using the appropriate documentation.
- Maintain manual ledgers parallel to the computerized inventory database as a short term control tool.
- Maintain, record and update Movement of Assets Forms e.g. laptops, projectors, computers, cameras etc… and ensure that the documents are properly filed.
- Maintain, record, and update all Waybills issued for supplies/equipment transferred outside the IOM office and follow up on return of the waybill by the receiver.
- Ensure stores cleanliness at all times.
- Ensure the safety of the stores e.g. safekeeping of the keys, ensure fire extinguishers are working, etc.
- Liaise with all users for the items received from suppliers to ensure that the right items have been delivered.
- Archiving the old files kept in stores.
- Setting up of re-order level for frequently consumed items.
- Generate stock report on weekly basis for review by the Procurement and Logistics Assistant, Dadaab.
- Assign codes to items as per IOM specifications.
- Any other duty that may be assigned.
- Completed Secondary education in an accredited academic institution.
- Minimum two years of relevant professional experience in inventory control and stores/warehouse management.
Desirable IOM Competencies:-
- Behavioural – Accountability, Client Orientation, Continuous Learning, Communication, Performance Management, Professionalism and Teamwork.
- Technical – Delivers on set objectives in hardship situations, effectively coordinates actions with other implementing partners, works effectively with local authorities, stakeholders, beneficiaries, and the broader community to advance country office or regional objectives.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Outlook.
- Good knowledge and working experience with HF and VHF Radios.
- Flexible in terms of working hours.
- Excellent command of spoken and written English and Swahili. Knowledge of Somali is an advantage.
Mode of Application:
Submit Cover Letter and CV including daytime telephone and email address to:
International Organization for Migration (IOM),
Human Resources Department,
PO Box 55040-00200
or send by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
or hand deliver them to the IOM Sub Office, Dadaab.
Closing Date: 10 May 2012