Systems Administrator at New Kenya Co-operative Creameries in Nairobi – Kenya Jobs, Careers and Vacancies
The New Kenya Co-operative Creameries Limited is one of the leading Dairy Companies in the country re-known for its world class brands that include KCC Butter, Ghee, Cheese, Gold Crown, Safariland Powder and Mala among others. We wish to recruit dynamic and result driven professionals to fill the following positions:-
Reporting to the Business Applications Manager, to ensure both system and data remain operational and secure at all times.
- Ensuring that company information as well as the Privacy Laws and Policies are enforced.
- Developing, implementing and maintaining IT security solutions including firewalls, antivirus solutions and intrusion detection/prevention systems.
- Providing periodic reports on information security issues
- Reviewing news systems design and major modifications for security implications prior to implementation
- Assisting in the design and management of the business and disaster recovery plans for the enterprise
- Collaborating in the development and maintenance of NKCC information security policy and program
- Performing risk assessment tests on the system to ensure proper functionality
- Install, maintain and support system and application software.
- Make sure that the system software, operating systems and procedures conform to organization norms, values and standards
- Create, reset, delete and maintain user accounts and passwords
- Train all staff about the uses of various software and programs installed on the systems.
- Perform or assist in troubleshooting, diagnosing and resolving system and application problems/errors
- Perform usage monitoring of systems and applications ]ensure optimum system performance by monitoring system efficiency
- Archive data daily and purge them if necessary
- Perform basic systems security administration functions
- Providing monitoring and primary response and intervention for information technology related security incidents and violations
- Keep current with new security and network monitoring technologies, applicable laws and regulations
- Plan for and respond to service outages. Communicate about any system failure to the users and update them about the possible uptime
- Monitor and manage system resources, including COU usage, disk usage, tape backup systems
- Perform systems backup and recovery procedures
- Maintain system documentation and logs
- Any other duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor
- Bachelors’ degree in Information Technology/ Computer Science or related field from a reputable Institution
- Microsoft Certified System Engineer (MCSE/MCITP) OR related Certificate would be an advantage
- 3 to 4 years work experience
- Experience working with SAP Basic Module
- Familiarity with network computer applications – WAN, LAN, E-mail Infrastructure
- Technical knowledge of Microsoft Windows and Microsoft related applications and technologies
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
- Good analytical, report writing skills
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
If you meet the above requirements, send your applications quoting the Name of Position applied for on the right hand corner of the envelop, together with detailed Curriculum Vitae, indicating current salary, copies of certificates, testimonies and contacts of at least three references and daytime telephone contacts to:
Chief Manager, Human Resource and Administration
New Kenya Co-operative Creameries
P.O. Box 30131 – 00100 GPO
Please note that all applications SHOULD BE sent through the above address ONLY, NOT later than 20th July 2012 5 p.m.
New KCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer