mothers2mothers (m2m) is an international non-governmental organisation headquartered in Cape Town, SA, dedicated to providing education and support to pregnant women and mothers living with HIV, and preventing mother-to-child transmission.
m2m empowers HIV-positive pregnant women and new mothers to become role models in their communities by promoting AIDS awareness, testing and services. m2m currently operates in 8 countries in Africa and receives funding from a diverse set of funders.
For further information please visit www.m2m.org.
x 2 (Nairobi & Kisumu)
Purpose: To build the capacity of local implementing partners (LIPs) to effectively deliver the Kenya Mentor Mother Program (KMMP) according to national guidelines. Each position works in close collaboration with key m2m and MOH colleagues. The positions report to the Senior Program Manager and are based in Nairobi and Kisumu respectively.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Support senior staff to select LIPs for engagement and facilitate initial orientations
- Support the development of m2m’s capacity building program for LIPs, including defining objectives and developing program resource materials
- Coordinate LIP engagement at the regional level and engage programmatic staff within each LIP organization, building effective relationships and cultivating commitment
- Conduct external assessments of LIPs in relation to defined national guidelines
- Develop workplans for services to be delivered to each LIP
- Facilitate training to LIPs on standardized content
- Provide ongoing tailored support to LIPs aligned to identified support needs
- Draw on m2m service delivery at model sites to capacitate LIPs, in partnership with the Regional Manager
- Continuously evaluate the effectiveness of capacity building interventions and promote program quality
- Gather and disseminate lessons learned and best practices, and contribute to report writing for donors and other key stakeholders
- Participate in the m2m Kenya extended management team, reflect on program progress and make recommendations for improvement
- Ensure accurate and timely communication with LIP staff, key stakeholders, the Senior Program Manager and m2m headquarters in Cape Town, South Africa
- Perform any other duties assigned by the Senior Program Manager
Qualifications and Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in public health or a related field; relevant Master’s degree an advantage
- Minimum of 5 years experience in public health program management
- Direct experience managing a PMTCT peer education and psychosocial support program (with m2m or elsewhere)
- Experience with managing USG-funded health programs a distinct advantage
- Proven abilities in project design, management and evaluation
- Ability to lead, inspire and motivate others
- Demonstrated ability to think critically and creatively and to facilitate collective problem-solving
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to develop and maintain relationships at multiple levels
- Familiarity with basic principles of adult learning theory and behavioral / organizational change
- Ability to work independently and cooperatively with diverse organizational units
- Dynamism, independence and creativity
- Computer literacy (MS Office, Outlook and Internet)
- Fluency in English and Kiswahili essential
- Possession of own car and valid driver’s license beneficial
- Enthusiasm to work on behalf of m2m’s mother and infant clients
Interested applicants should submit their Curriculum Vitae and covering letter to the mothers2mothers Human Resource Department via email to email@example.com by January 25th 2012.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
If you do not hear from us by February 29th 2012, please consider your application unsuccessful.