Kenya Job title: Administrative Assistant
Unit / dept / delegation: Administration, East Africa Regional Representation
Reports to: Administration Manager
Purpose: To provide administrative assistance to the department under the overall supervision of the Administration Manager.
* Receive and file incoming letters, documents.
* Maintain office efficiency, plan and implement office systems in stationary supply and management.
* Create, control and monitor all stationary requirements of other departments.
* Record, monitor expenses and raise monthly invoices.
* Maintain stationary supplies and coordinate deliveries.
* Add new material records, and create new records as necessary. Assign and record or stamp identification numbers or codes in order to index materials for filing. Find and retrieve information from files in response to requests from authorized users.
* Perform periodic inspections of materials or files to ensure correct placement, legibility and proper condition.
* Sort or classify information according to guidelines such as content, purpose, user criteria, chronological, alphabetical or numerical order.
* Modify and improve filling systems, or implement new filing systems.
* Maintaining proper filing records for all Administration Department.
* To provide administrative support to the Archieve where needed.
* To manage and respond to archival enquiries where necessary.
* To assist with sorting, indexing and cataloguing materials to the archieve.
* To assist in basic preservation work, such as recording archival documents and files.
* To work in co-operation with other staff members to ensure that the aims of the Archieve Centre are achieved.
* Track materials removed from the Archieve in order to ensure that borrowed files are returned.
* Any other assignments in Administration.
Duties applicable to all staff
* Actively work towards the achievement of the Federation’s goals.
* Abide by and work in accordance with the Red Cross Red Crescent principles.
* Perform any other work related duties and responsibilities that may be assigned by the line manager.
* Diploma in Human Diploma in Business administration, Public Relations and Customer Care, Office administration, or any relevant field
* 3 years or more experience in office administration, and in any other relevant office support areas
Skills and Knowledge
* Proficiency in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc)
* Fluency in both spoken and written English and Kiswahili
* Ability to work in a team, and occasionally under strict deadlines
* High degree of integrity, discretion, and personal conduct
* Flexible and adaptable to changing working conditions
* Self-motivated, with good judgment and initiative
* Good verbal and written communication skills
* Good interpersonal skills
* Sensitivity to diversity
* Good level of attention to detail
* Pleasant personality
Submission of applications:
Applications should be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org; to be received not later than 15 January 2012.
Kindly note that due to the large volumes of applications received;
1. Only e-mail applications will be accepted
2. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.