CREAW is inviting applications from individuals for the following position:
Job Title: Communication Officer
Duty Station: Nairobi
CREAW is a non-governmental, non-partisan, membership organization whose Mission is to transform the Kenyan society through the promotion and expansion of women’s human rights, rule of law and social justice. Our Vision is a just and free society in which women and men exercise and enjoy equal and full rights and opportunities.
To undertake the planning, development and delivery of CREAW internal and external
communications, including website and intranet, partner communications and publications, in liaison with other Communications staff; to contribute to wider policy and communications and CREAW work programs.
Key roles and responsibilities
1. Develop and maintain CREAW communication strategy and budget plan, and with the support of the management team, develop and implement communication plans for various CREAW programs;
2. Co-ordinate the production of internal and external CREAW communications, publications and materials, in consultation with other CREAW staff;
3. Giving communication advice including the development of relevant messages, use of appropriate media channels and providing strategic solutions to communications challenges;
4. Producing compelling news stories/press releases, internal newsletters, media briefs, training documents, presentation materials and other communications products;
5. Providing technical advice and support for communication training to staff members;
6. Coordinate production of Information Education and Communication materials (IEC), and publications;
7. Liaise with design and printing companies, graphic designers and other service providers to produce high quality documents and publications;
8. Provide editorial support to colleagues, specifically for:
a. Selected articles, proposals and case studies;
b. Presentations and training modules.
9. Enhance CREAW’s public image through strategic communications including developing and cultivating strong media relationships with local, mainstream and international media;
10. Participate in communications planning and briefing, including press conferences and media interviews;
11. Prepare annual report, in consultation with the management team and line program officer(s), develop the report structure and liaise with external contractors to design, edit, print and disseminate.
12. Coordinate inter and intra program communication to facilitate access to information on core program activities, status, output, achievements and challenges;
13. Manage a vibrant intranet site for staff members;
14. Provide ongoing coordination of CREAW website, including preparing and updating content, review content requests , and coordinating updates with CREAW’s webmaster;
15. Manage and catalogue CREAWs database of pictures and coordinate updates when required, use of pictures, obtaining parental approvals and filling of pictures on shared drive and maintaining media files, maintains files from CREAW’s presentations;
16. Coordinate production of organizational communication tools including staff business cards , letterheads and notepads ;
17. Perform any other duties as requested, in the interest of the organization.
Academic qualifications, experience, skills and personal attributes
Must have a Bachelor’s degree in communication or other relevant area of study with proven experience in public relations, publicity, and media relations journalism.
Masters degree will be an absolute advantage.
At least three years of relevant working experience, preferably in a women’s rights related organization in a similar position.
Technical training in project management will be an added advantage.
Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite of programs and design programs.
Demonstrable experience in publishing, website and communication product development and design.
Working experience in project management and organizational skills
Must be fluent in spoken and written English and Kiswahili.
Visionary, with strong initiative and ability to work without supervision.
Excellent oral, presentation and written communication skills.
Personal commitment to work as reliable, honest and trustworthy team member.
Good judgement, tact, analytical and negotiation skills.
Ability to contribute to the overall objectives, mission and goals of CREAW operations.
Must be able to work comfortably and effectively with people of different national and cultural backgrounds and to establish and maintain constructive working relations in multi –cultural environment.
Those who qualify and are interested should send or deliver an application letter, curriculum vitae (CV) providing details of three work related referees and copies of relevant certificates and testimonials to:
The Selection Committee – Communications Officer
Centre for Rights Education and Awareness CREAW
Tel/fax: +254-20-3860640/0720 357 664/386 1016/237 8271
PO BOX 11964 GPO
Applications must be submitted no later than 8th March 2013
CREAW IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
Dont Miss Our Daily Job Updates Click Here To