A medium Sized Tour & Travel Company in Nairobi wishes to invite application for the following Key positions:
1. Chief Accountant:
Key duties & Responsibilities
* Developing , implementing and maintaining good financial policies and systems, Managing the budgetary and forward planning systems and process including annual, quarterly and adhoc budgets and providing operational financial support and guidance to senior managers on budgeting and financial performance.
* Preparing periodic financial reports and interpreting the same to management and ensuring proper books of accounting are maintained and kept up to date; Monitoring Overall financial performance and reporting and ensuring that statutory requirements are made in time;
* Liaising with Internal and External auditors and responding to queries, observations and recommendations.
* Maintaining payroll and establishing staff payroll accounts and monthly reconciliation of all the payroll reports and control accounts; Generating all payroll related expenditure and managing overall work process of the finance unit by ensuring effective work assignment, supervision and staff development.
The ideal candidate should have a university degree in accounting, commerce or business, Accountancy qualification (CPA(K), ACCA etc), extensive experience in business, financial administration with at least 3 years at a senior management level, demonstrate experience in Microsoft Office, spreadsheet applications and computerized accounting systems and have strong strategic advisory & analytical skills with a demonstrated ability to motivate teams and establish and implement work plan objectives
2. Accountant – In charge of Payables
Key duties & Responsibilities include:
* Perform the day to day processing of accounts payable transactions to ensure that finances are maintained in an effective, up to date and accurate manner.
* To receive and process all invoices, expense forms and requests for payments;
* Complete payroll functions in order to ensure staff are paid in an accurate and timely manner and prepare tax computations & returns each month;
* Verify calculations and input codes into the accounts systems in an accurate manner;
* To deal with daily transactions for petty cash and ensure that reconciliations are completed on daily basis.
* To ensure filing of documents in accounts payable is done in a timely and accurate manner.
* Prepare cheques for payments: perform bank reconciliations and provide administrative support in order to ensure effective and efficient office operations
Education and Experience:
* Include knowledge in relevant field, knowledge of office administration and procedures, knowledge of general bookkeeping procedures, proficient in relevant computer applications, 1-3 years accounts receivable/Payable and general accounting experience & CPA Part II.
* Include attention to detail and accuracy, interpersonal skills, good communication skills, organizational skills, information management, problem-solving and decision-making skills.
Interested candidates, who meet the above criteria, may email their applications and detailed CVs and testimonials to email@example.com so as to reach us by 03 Jan 2012.