Vacancy No.: IOM/007/12
Position Title: Finance Assistant (Commodity Accounting)
Classification: Grade G5/01 (UN Salary Scale for GS staff)
Duty Station: Nairobi, Kenya
Type of Appointment: 6 months – Special Short Term contract with possibility of extension
Under the overall guidance of the Somalia Representative in Nairobi and the Logistics Consultant, and under the direct supervision of the Senior Finance Assistant, the Commodity Accountant (CA) will be responsible for tracking, collating, monitoring and reporting on all commodity related issues for the Somalia MAP.
Additionally the CA will be required to monitor the MAP commodity pipeline, delivery/dispatch documentation and verify commodity related invoices.
1) Generate standardized reports for the following processes
a) Mombasa vessel discharge and loadings.
b) Loading of Vessel in Mombasa for shipment to Mogadishu.
2) Generate Monthly Commodity Status Reports
3) Monitor commodity losses and report on where when and how.
4) Generate loss claims, and in liaison with the Logistics Consultant, ensure their collection
5) Closely monitor the commodity pipeline and produce a monthly status report
6) Report on commodity sales and proceeds
7) Monitor suppliers’ cash and bank commodity security bonds
Maintain close communication IOM staff in Mombasa and Mogadishu
9) Prepare payments requests and ensure that all relevant supporting documents are attached, the correct project codes used, prior to submission to Senior Finance Assistant for further processing.
10) Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
- Higher Diploma in Business Administration/Accounting; or an equivalent combination of related education, training and professional experience;
- three years’ professional experience, or an equivalent period of training and professional experience;
- significant reporting and database and/or systems analysis experience required;
- previous experience in a large-scale commodity and sea port operation;
- Excellent communication, financial and writing skills; ability to collate and report on significant commodity inventories and prepare clear, concise and accurate reports;
- high level of computer literacy;
- ability to work effectively and harmoniously with colleagues from varied cultures and professional backgrounds, high degree of sensitivity toward other cultures and dedication to the promotion of inter-ethnic cooperation, peace-building and tolerance; demonstrated gender awareness and gender sensitivity;
- personal commitment, drive for results, and adaptability in the workplace;
- ability to work long hours under difficult conditions while maintaining security awareness;
- Fluency in spoken and written English, Somali is an advantage.
- Must have a valid passport that allows travel within the East African and Horn region.
How to apply:
Mode of Application:
Submit Cover Letter and CV including daytime telephone and email address to:
International Organization for Migration (IOM),
Human Resources Department,
PO Box 55040-00200
or send by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 08th February 2012