Clinic Receptionist / Cashier Job Description In Kenya.
Jacaranda Health is a new venture that aims to set a new standard for maternity care in East Africa. We are combining business and clinical innovations to provide affordable maternity and reproductive health services to low-income urban women.
In 2011 we launched mobile clinic services providing antenatal care at community sites around northeastern Nairobi. Today, we are seeking several receptionists/cashiers to staff our first fixed maternity clinic in Nairobi (just before Ruiru town), as well as in our mobile clinic.
The clinic reception role will be responsible for coordinating all aspects of patient visit.
The receptionist will receive patients into our clinic locations, triage patients with emergencies, record and register patients electronically, and then receive payment for medical services.
The mobile clinic receptionist will also help set up the mobile clinic each day, and possibly help drive the van to our community locations.
This role is critical to Jacaranda’s goal of delivering quality customer service and maintaining superior patient satisfaction. We seek someone who is organized, flexible, personable, and has strong commitment to providing friendly and respectful care to all women.
Duties and Responsibilities
* Receiving and handling clients of the clinic. Managing optimal order of patient visits based on patient emergencies, type of patient visit and order of clients in line
* Maintaining a customer-friendly reception and waiting room area
* Receiving payments of clinic fees from clients
* Assuring patients’ medical and service needs are met. Monitoring patient service feedback and resolving complaints and service issues
* Arranging patient transfers and referrals to other clinics
* Managing purchases for mobile clinic (water, fuel for van, etc.) and managing clinic cash control systems
* Entering clinic data into our medical records system, inventory tracking, and billing/payment systems
* Coordinating delivery of lab samples to laboratory partners
* Receiving and entering lab results for patients from external lab partners
* Assisting with set-up of the mobile clinic each day (requires some lifting, organizing, organizing, and stock-taking).
* Transporting team in our mobile clinic van to clinic location each day
* Contacting patients by phone or SMS for schedule reminders and feedback on missed appointments
* Creating daily, weekly, and monthly reports of clinic financial and operational data
* Any other duty that may be allocated by the supervisor from time to time
The desired candidate should possess the following:
* Diploma in Business Administration/Management, Secretarial studies or any related field from a recognized institution
* Good understanding of front office management
* Excellent oral and written communication skills and ability to communicate effectively with clients and with the team
* Ability to build good rapport with clients and be extremely calm, courteous and friendly at all times, in particular in emergency or difficult situations
* Enthusiasm for improving exceptional quality of service to patients and suggesting improvements to clinic operations
* Highest degree of honesty, integrity, confidentiality
* Strong work ethic and willingness to work long hours as necessary
* Computer skills including the use of MS Office required, and comfort with using new computer tools
* Fluency in English and Swahili
* Desired: willingness and ability (driver’s license) to drive the clinic van to community locations each day
Interested candidates may apply by:
1. First, complete the online form available by clicking here Jacaranda Health Receptionist Application Form or by pasting this link into your web browser: http://goo.gl/JTSXV.
2. After completing the application, please also submit your CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only applicants that have completed the online form as well as submitted their CV will be considered.
No calls please.
Your application must be received by Sunday, February 12th, 2012.
We regret that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.