Procurement Jobs Vacancies Kenya
Job Title : Procurement Officer
Reporting : Finance Manger.
Our Client is an ICT firm specializing in; Audio Visual, Multiuser computing, Unified Communication, Plantronics headsets, Network Solutions and Security Solutions seeks to recruit a procurement officer who will supervise, assign, review and participate in the work of staff responsible for volume purchasing services. The position holder will work closely with and in conjunction with the Customer Service Coordinators, Office Administrators, Procurement Officers and Operations Manager in ensuring
adequate management of materials and material flow to support those operations.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Controls, policies and procedures
• Set up and maintain a control framework to ensure that all procurement activities are effectively managed and are in accordance with the Contract Regulations, Procurement Act and Financial Regulations
• Review and develop the Procurement Strategy covering each of the key business areas
• Develop the Procurement Procedures to ensure that relevant staff know when they are required to engage with the procurement team
• Ensure that the correct procedures are followed in respect of all major procurement activities
• Continually develop procurement expertise across the company to support staff development, knowledge and expertise in procurement activities.
2. Contract, Services and Supplier Reviews
• Set up a process of review for all Contracts, Supplies and Suppliers ensuring that maximum value for money benefits are achieved through supplier rationalization, developing an Approved Supplier list
• Encourage effective contract management across the business with regular reviews, development of Service Level Agreements and key performance measures
• Build and develop good relationships with key suppliers to ensure best value for money and customer satisfaction with services provided
• Ensure that all areas of concern are identified and addressed as early as possible, with remedial action taken
• Engage with Procurement Consortiums to ensure that value for money and economies of scale are used to company’s benefit, where appropriate
• Monitor trends in supplier and contract base and propose / implement plans to respond to such trends • Ensure that the central Contract Register is maintained, together with master contracts.
3. Procurement function
• Ensure that the necessary training is provided to the members of the procurement team to enable them to support the business wherever possible
• Identify and develop procurement training for non-procurement staff
• Establish a central procurement plan covering a rolling 3 year period to ensure that all activities can be forward planned and that adequate resources exist
• Engage with the business to identify the key procurement priorities and ensure that resources are assigned accordingly
• Manage the engagement of procurement consultancy where specialist services are required or existing resources cannot meet requirements
• Minimize the use of external procurement consultancy and deliver a value for money service to the business
4. Value for Money and Reporting
• Set procurement savings targets each year in conjunction with the Procurement Officer and monitor delivery against targets
• Prepare a quarterly report to the Procurement Officer, Finance and Human Resources Manager and Management providing a review of procurement activities and achievements
• Take full line management responsibility for the buyers paying particular attention to training, development, performance management and supplier relationships
• Develop and maintain effective relationships both internally and externally, with all stakeholders including suppliers, customers and colleagues
• Ensure that the department members develop and maintain highly effective internal and external communications
• Ensure that the department deliver a professional buying service to external and internal customers
• Ensure that prices negotiated with suppliers are set a level where company can benefit from savings
• Ensure that, at price reviews, any increases are kept to a minimum and implemented only when fully justified ensuring that point 1 above still applies
• Ensure that all suppliers pricing information is up to date and stored, in accordance with procedures, on the Client Relationship Management System (CRM)
• Maintain accurate and up to date supplier agreements, trading terms and details of rebates for those suppliers within your portfolio
• Carry out pricing audits
• Ensure up to date hard copy price lists and product information are readily available for product management
• Ensure that the Product Managers are kept up to date with supplier details, (prices, product range, key field and office contacts etc.)
• Arrange and attend regular meetings with suppliers both on site and, when beneficial, at supplier premises
• Accurately invoice rebates from suppliers, based on purchase data received
• Analyze any new supplier proposals including pricing, due diligence reports etc
• Manage own correspondence and administration professionally and efficiently
• Fulfil the day to day operational responsibilities associated with supplier management
7. Inter-departmental responsibilities
• Develop and maintain effective working relationships with all department head especially those responsible for the product management
• Attend and contribute to the monthly Product Managers meetings
• Promote effective liaison within the department to ensure that all the supplier information required for the production of marketing literature is supplied in the relevant format and to agreed deadlines. This includes but is not limited to the annual directory, newsletters, website
• Work with suppliers and buyers to ensure that the supplier contributions to any marketing activity add real value and promotes increased customer spend
8. Related assignments
• Perform other related duties or assignment as directed.
Skills Set Needed
• Materials handling experience commensurate with duties and responsibilities of the position
• Easy to contact and to communicate and work with
• Exhibits a sense of urgency when necessary
• Good oral and written communication skills
• Ability to issue and explain good instructions
• Working knowledge of computer systems, ability to learn CRM input, retrieval and use
• Understanding of the proper use of Work Orders, priorities and schedules
• Ability to work in a team environment, fully supporting the goals and objectives of the sales, maintenance and operations efforts
• Diploma in Purchasing & Supplies
• Minimum 5 years’ Telecommunications/ I.T procurement environment experience.
Candidates who do not meet the minimum requirements stated above need not apply.
ONLY candidates fulfilling the requirements of the positions should email their application together with a detailed and updated CV, indicating your availability, expected and current salary via email to:email@example.com
On the Subject line clearly indicate “Procurement Officer”.
Deadline for application is 28th March 2013.
Don‘t Miss Our Daily Job Updates Click Here To